170 Lyrik Fork - No Geometry Change

bradmcam

Jun 6, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Hi all,

I thought I'd share some info on an a recent upgrade I made to my 2018 Levo.

My bike came with a Rockshox Reba fork which is really a XC/Trail fork with its 32mm stanchions. It's a little odd to spec 150mm travel version on any bike, let alone an ebike with its added weight. So this got me looking at alternatives.

Whilst looking at a new fork I thought I'd may as well potentially look at increasing the travel (thanks to
@Kiwi in Wales for the inspiration). So I started looking at the axle to crown of beefier 29er forks and most of them were a good 10mm longer for the same travel, so If I was going to go up in size I would only really look at going to 160mm as it would change the BB and stack height too much for my liking. I then stumbled across an article saying how the new 2018+ 27.5 Lyriks are compatible with up to 2.8 tyres. So basically I could get the same axle to crown length as my previous Reba but go up to 170mm travel with no real changes to geometry, needless to say that's exactly what I have done.

Going from the 29er fork to the 27.5 fork also means a change in fork offset which essentially reduce the wheelbase by about 5mm too, its not overly noticeable but it was a welcome bonus for me as I like shorter wheelbase bikes.

So for those of you who like to ride aggressively and are happy to stick to the 27.5+ tyres I highly recommend this change. The bike rides incredible now!

I have attached a Geo chart for reference, as well as a photo of the bike.

Geo Chart.jpg

20180606_152917.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles