Other Gen 3 Kenevo, any news?

escrs

Jun 26, 2019
UK
So my Gen 2 Levo is 4 years old now so im looking to replace

Had a Gen 1 Kenevo before and im tempted to go back to a Kenevo

Ive been looking at KSL's and i prefer the frame design over the Gen 2 Kenevo but i wouldnt want the Mahle motor (have ridden a Levo SL and prefer the full fat motor)

So any ideas when the Gen 3 Kenevo will be released and if they will use the KSL frame design?

mustclime

Apr 19, 2023
New Jerzy
I have asked my lbs about 2024 models and they told me ebike models are on hold in the US till they can get a UL Approval . I have seen 2024 gen 2 models listings in other countries but nothing for the US.

Apr 11, 2023
Japan

Kenevo_Cal

Mar 4, 2024
Vancouver
Nice. I'm in Japan, and I've looked on the Taiwan, Korea, Thailand, Philippines Specialized sites and they do not offer the Kenevo. I can't see it on the U.S. Specialized site, either. I've started to wonder if they are going to discontinue the Kenevo.
got some still here in Canada

2022 and 2023 models...nothing for 2024

Apr 11, 2023
Japan
I tried to order an S4 Kenevo Comp on Wednesday but the order wouldn't go through.
The Experts were also available in all sizes/various colours.
Tried ringing them also but no answer, thought it might have been a scam...
I bought my Levo last year in Taipei at the main Specialized shop. I asked the owner why the Kenevo was not on the Taiwan Specialized website, because I was interested in the Kenevo. He told me he could get me one if I wanted. But he didn't give me a reason for why it was not on the Specialized website. I guess he could get me one because they are made in Taiwan. But for some reason the Kenevo is not on a lot of country's Specialized websites. I'm wondering if they are going to discontinue it. I don't know why, though. It seems like a great bike.

Apr 11, 2023
Japan
I think that the Kenevo is not selled well because of the Gen3 Levo and some dealers have a lot of them in store. Mine had 24% discount, I ask for 30% and got it.
Good for you for asking for the 30%. Yeah, it seems like they are dumping them, for whatever reason. Maybe they didn't sell well. They're really pushing the Kenevo SL, though. All the sites I've checked have the SL models, but no Kenevos.

Henrik

Oct 25, 2022
Germany
And I think, most riders want a full 29er or a mullet bike. Converting the Kenevo could be expensive and a big experiment.

My Kenevo is really plush and rides awesome.

The only thing I do not like is the Yoke-Coil problem. Specialized is selling the 24 Expert with the RS Coil. In fact, Sram says this shock is not compatible with the frame.

Specialized Rider Care in Germany told me that only shocks with a steel shaft are compatible. The RS has none, I checked the RS ID of this shock because a friend is riding the 24 model.

mustclime

Apr 19, 2023
New Jerzy
And I think, most riders want a full 29er or a mullet bike. Converting the Kenevo could be expensive and a big experiment.

My Kenevo is really plush and rides awesome.

The only thing I do not like is the Yoke-Coil problem. Specialized is selling the 24 Expert with the RS Coil. In fact, Sram says this shock is not compatible with the frame.

Specialized Rider Care in Germany told me that only shocks with a steel shaft are compatible. The RS has none, I checked the RS ID of this shock because a friend is riding the 24 model.
Please do a little more research on the shock, the shock on the new Kenevo has a steel shaft. It is only available on oem bikes. You can’t buy it after market.

As for what I would like to see in the new Kenevo….
The suspension design sucks, the high motion ratio is to high with a 230mm shock. This requires high air pressures/spring rates. Put on a dh size shock, dh travel requires dh shocks. Shocks mounted on top tubes equals high standover, so loose that. People with short legs need a mullet option because butt buzz is a real thing. That’s my wish list.

mustclime

Apr 19, 2023
New Jerzy
Rock Shox ID is: 24T33559321

Where do you have that info from, that it has a steel shaft?
All the pictures I see are with fox coils with steel shafts….. look at the Crome plating. Alloy shafts do not take Crome plating well. The first pic is from the rockshox site.

IMG_2764.png IMG_2765.png IMG_2766.png IMG_2767.png

Henrik

Oct 25, 2022
Germany
Tomorrow I can make a picture from the RS Coil and it has a black shaft. Thats for sure. The picture shows the DHX. This shock has a steel shaft.

So, where do you have this info from? Facts would be great….

Last edited:

Henrik

Oct 25, 2022
Germany
Please do a little more research on the shock, the shock on the new Kenevo has a steel shaft. It is only available on oem bikes. You can’t buy it after market.

As for what I would like to see in the new Kenevo….
The suspension design sucks, the high motion ratio is to high with a 230mm shock. This requires high air pressures/spring rates. Put on a dh size shock, dh travel requires dh shocks. Shocks mounted on top tubes equals high standover, so loose that. People with short legs need a mullet option because butt buzz is a real thing. That’s my wish list.
So, I have to say sorry. Did some research. The shaft seems to be a steel version because it is magnetic. My Ultimate Coil in the Levo has a normal alu shaft and is not magnetic.
So I called my local bikeshop if its possible to order the steel version Kenevo specific. Got a phone call and specialized said: 1000 Euro 🤣🤣
End of the story.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles