Other Any news on 2022 Levo Alloy models being released.

bikeguy11

Subscriber
Oct 9, 2019
Oregon
As the title really.

Really liking the look of the new Gen 3 Levo but the carbon frame prices are crazy.

Has anyone heard any news or rumours about specialized releasing an alloy framed model soon?
Wondering the same. Keep hearing rumors about a Levo Comp Carbon but maybe it's just the voices in my head wishing
As the title really.

Really liking the look of the new Gen 3 Levo but the carbon frame prices are crazy.

Has anyone heard any news or rumours about specialized releasing an alloy framed model soon?
I keep hearing rumors about a Levo Comp Carbon. Then again maybe it's just the voices in my head wishing it were so ;)

NoPro

Aug 2, 2019
Austria
I have heard rumors of oktober/november price for the comp should be in the "range" of the current one but as I suspected when reading the manual of the 2022 it will not come with the mastermind TCU

cuaion

Sep 16, 2019
Denmark
Do believe they holding the comp carbon back, because they can't deliver anything at the moment. I have mine on pre order before lunch, an estimate is right now November. :(

bikeguy11

Subscriber
Oct 9, 2019
Oregon
Do believe they holding the comp carbon back, because they can't deliver anything at the moment. I have mine on pre order before lunch, an estimate is right now November. :(
My dealer has no info on them at all. Live in Oregon.
Do you know which one of those YOU typed and which one the voice in your head typed ?
Let me ask . . . . .

Eduardoramundo

Aug 8, 2019
Glasgow
I have heard rumors of oktober/november price for the comp should be in the "range" of the current one but as I suspected when reading the manual of the 2022 it will not come with the mastermind TCU
Comp Carbon comes with the Mastermind but I’m not sure about the Comp Alloy.

crembz

Sep 4, 2021
Australia
I've heard November for the alloy comp, roughly about the same cost as the current gen ... I was about to buy a levo to accompany my levo SL but will hold out for the updated model.

Renton

Aug 4, 2021
Droitwich
I've heard November for the alloy comp, roughly about the same cost as the current gen ... I was about to buy a levo to accompany my levo SL but will hold out for the updated model.
I too dont know what to do with regards to holding out and seeing what the alloy models come in at and what spec or just taking the plunge and buying a 2022 Whyte e160

salko

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 29, 2019
SLO
I expect no surprises regarding equipment, I guess it will be more or less same as on 2021 models, beside new alloy frame with adjustable geometry, new charging port (which apparently has quite some problems with breaking away doors), 2.2 motor (still not proven to be more reliable than previous versions) ... No TCU2 of course.

Last edited:

crembz

Sep 4, 2021
Australia
I expect no surprises regarding equipment, I guess it will be more or less same as on 2021 models, beside new alloy frame with adjustable geometry, new charging port (which apparently has quite some problems with breaking away doors), 2.2 motor (still not proven to be more reliable than previous versions) ... No TCU2 of course.
Speaking of adjustable geometry ...does anyone know if the new angle adjust headsets fit the older models?

cuaion

Sep 16, 2019
Denmark
Can anyone actually confirm that there will even be an alloy model? The Stumpjumper EVO is only available in carbon.

Skærmbillede 2021-10-01 kl. 17.38.31.png

JetSetDemo

🍦Two Scoops🍦
Patreon
Apr 1, 2018
Ashby de la Zouch
I was just thinking back to the 2018 Levo that came in carbon and was for one year only. They still did the alloy but it was just the 2016/17 MY with different paint.

I can’t help but have a niggling feeling that they might repeat the cycle and drop a whole new range in 2022 that pushes the power game back up and over the 750w Bosch.

they did it before!

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
FF are soooo last year dahling, light and nimble's where all the cool kids are looking.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
That makes sense. Going from a 29er with dated geo to a mullet with bang up to date geo I wouldn't expect anything else. Now try a KSL and see how you feel then.

killjoyken

Mar 10, 2019
San Jose, CA, USA
That makes sense. Going from a 29er with dated geo to a mullet with bang up to date geo I wouldn't expect anything else. Now try a KSL and see how you feel then.
I had a 2020 Enduro and wouldn't describe it as "nimble". It was definitely planted and could freight train any trail you pointed it down, but was a little slow in quick transitions. Great bike, but didn't fit my style or trails. I sold it and bought a Stumpjumper Evo and that bike is the perfect all rounder. I'm also not a fan of the SL motor. Too slow to keep up with my FF ebike buddies and too fast for my meat powered buddies.

IMO, the 2022 Levo finally got it right. The geometry is perfect and the mullet setup and shorter chain stays really make this sumo wrestler move like a featherweight boxxer. My friend likes mine so much he's waiting for the comp or alloy. Only complaint I have about the bike is the price.

Hob Nob

Jun 4, 2020
UK

Tried one (repeatedly). Need to try another without the wobbly Roval wheels & shyte Specialized tyres. Rear linkage looks as much of a liability as my Enduro was. That thing went through bearings like a champ and I was forever chasing creaks. Not designed for the UK, at all.

Stupid seat tube is an issue, at 6’2” I can only just get a 180mm OneUp post in it. ?‍♂️

Not sure it does anything ‘better’ than my ‘22 Levo, apart from being easier to lift up?

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Alright Gary, calm down… ?

Yeah, the tyres are shite, but so are the tyres on the ‘22 Levo, and they’re easily changed. The seat tube is a potential issue for me too, which is harder to overcome

I’m no pinner but it was definitely easier to chuck around than my Rail, despite me being very comfortable on the Rail.

On a similar note the Bullit is also lighter than my Rail and was also easier to chuck around.

My point isn’t that the KSL specifically is better than anything else, but IMO lighter is better.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
They are supposed to be an improvement over the old tyres, but that doesn't necessarily make them good. I had the front wash out on me on flat corners a couple of times.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles