Gearbox EMTB's that you can buy (+IGH bikes)

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
This ones been in development for a few years and they seem to accept pre-orders now - though no date on actual availability ..

The SVO Chrono :
svo chrono.jpg

Bosch Powered with 750wh battery, Rohloff 14 speed IGH and Gates belt ..

Not cheap, but high spec :

1681990752180.png

The early RS version with a 500wh battery supposedly weighed in at 19.6kg

For Geometry etc :

V86

Jul 13, 2018
Norway
This looks really good, particularly with the Shimano mounting.

I can’t make up my mind about getting a voima sooner or waiting to see what happens with integrated gearboxes….
Both Pole and Revonte are based in Finland, so I am kinda supriced that they havn`t teamed up already. @leo_kokkonen ?
The Pole Voima also looks perfect for a belt drive system because of the lack of a Chain Stay. Other bikes have to split up their frame to be able to put on a belt drive (or be stuck with the Veer Split Belt instead of Gates). With the Voima you don`t have the same issue.
Revonte One also looks superior to the other motor/gearbox systems.

(How a Pole Voima would look with a Belt drive and Revonte One motor)
IMG_1418.jpeg

The Pässila Titanium prototype with the Revonte One system looks awesome. I just wish it came in a long travel Full Suspension bike where the Unsprung weight advantage would really make a difference.
IMG_4391.jpeg

Putting a Pelt drive on a FS bike have also been shown to work with the Nicolai Eboxx E14 and the Zerode bikes
IMG_4249.jpeg

IMG_1723.jpeg

IMG_1722.jpeg

Last edited:

V86

Jul 13, 2018
Norway
Intra Drive is showcasing their latest prototype motor at Eurobike at the Orange Bikes booth.
Are there any other gearbox motor bikes at Eurobike?
IMG_2035.jpeg

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Doesn't really apply to this thread as it's in development ..

• Helpful
Reactions: CjP

STATO

Feb 18, 2020
North
If a gearbox is being integrated into the motor there is no need for the final drive output to be at the cranks? Place the output sprocket at a mid/high pivot location and you simplify drive to the rear wheel, while maintaining effective suspension geo without the need for a tensioner

Much like the rocky mountain ebike motor which applied drive at an idler wheel.

Last edited:

V86

Jul 13, 2018
Norway
Doesn't really apply to this thread as it's in development ..

That Niche seems interesting. Thanks for the share.

Islandtrader

Mar 24, 2023
USA
Mission ON.E — Gearbox manufacturer Pinion wants to bring together what belongs together! — urbanbike.news

It looks like the future of e-bikes might be here a lot sooner than expected. I've been following Pinion tease their new motor/gearbox on instagram for the last couple of weeks. Just a few more days to go until they show everything. Of the nine or so bike brands that are jumping on this to start, one of them has a full suspension trail bike with the new motor/gearbox with gates belt drive and wired electronic thumb shifters. In my opinion, it doesn't get much better than that! Zero maintenance and all that vulnerable, unsprung weight removed from the end of the swing arm. The future is here!!

Last edited:

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Looks like with the release of the Pinion MGU's we should have a few more to choose from :

Simplon :

1687327424223.png

Simplon is combining the Pinion E1.12 MGU with a Gates belt drive in the Rapcon Pmax Pinion 150 and Rapcon Pmax Pinion 170 for 2024. Both bikes utilize full carbon frames and are available in four sizes with two color options. As the name suggests, the Rapcon Pmax Pinion 150 features 150mm of travel front and rear. The Pmax Pinion 170 has a 170mm fork and offers 165mm of travel in the rear. With its flexible battery system you'd be able to get up to a ridiculous capacity of 1,430Wh when using an extender. Thanks to Simplon's build options, you can trim their spec to your liking with prices starting from €8,999.

Bulls :

1687327479956.png

The top model is the Vuca Evo AM2 for €8,499 with carbon main frame and a 1.8" headset standard that features the Pinion E1.12 with Gates belt drive. Kinematics are based around a new concept for them, called the 4-Link Swingarm, mixing the idea of single and 4-pivot designs with 150 mm of travel. The Vuca Evo AM1 comes with a lower spec and a price tag of €7,499. Both should be available around the beginning of next year with either a 720Wh or massive 960Wh battery (add €200 for that option).

Rotwild :

1687327720399.png

Batteries on the Pinion come as removable 480/720/960wh options or a 700wh integrated unit. There's also a 468wh range extender.

The three removable batteries are all the same external sizes with different weights. Except the 960wh which is the same size and fittings but bulges outwards like the larger YT decoy battery as you can see on the Rotwild image above.

1687328858284.png

Last edited:

slickrock

Aug 7, 2022
SF Bay Area
Wither Revonte. The company is now bankrupt and searching for a buyer of it's IP. Their motor was by far the most interesting of the lot. They spent a lot of time and money on their battery tech as well. Anyone? Bosch? Specialized? Trek? Now is the time to make a move and scoop up this tech, as I would hate to see this design in the scrapheap.

Last edited:

tooFATtoRIDE

Sep 18, 2023
North by Northwest
Might be the easiest bike to convert. With the way the bike is made it's not impossible to switch around, as they did (thankfully) from the Brose to the Bosch.

Probably have their hands full as things are, would be interesting as a demo bike though.

The Nicolai eboxx 3x3 is very cool with some amazing attention to detail.

The 3x3 hub looks interesting, would be interesting to ride one. On the downside, you simplify one side of the bike and the other side seems to have a large increase in complexity, not sure how all that would fare in real life - hopefully well ..

View attachment 111203

The 3X3 Nine hub is notwhere near being available to the individual end-user.

I have asked 3X3 for info regading their hub availability to the end user. This is what I got in return, not looking too great to be honest.

----------------------------------------

At the moment, we do not offer our gears to retailers or end users.

You can already buy an e-bike with our hub from the manufacturer Nicolai Bikes (NICOLAI GmbH), Cargo Factory (Lastenrad Konfigurator - Alle Cargobike Optionen mit einem Klick), Mi-Tech (MiTech – Handgearbeitete, individuelle Mountain Bikes), Portus Bikes (Portus Cycles – Fahrräder aus Stahl – Konstruktion & Entwicklung – Prototypen- & Kleinserienfertigung) and Mäx & Mäleon (Konfigurieren - Mäx & Mäleon) also offer our hub in their bikes.

You can already buy an e-bike with our hub from the manufacturer Nicolai Bikes (NICOLAI GmbH), Cargo Factory (Lastenrad Konfigurator - Alle Cargobike Optionen mit einem Klick), Mi-Tech (MiTech – Handgearbeitete, individuelle Mountain Bikes), Portus Bikes (Portus Cycles – Fahrräder aus Stahl – Konstruktion & Entwicklung – Prototypen- & Kleinserienfertigung) and Mäx & Mäleon (Konfigurieren - Mäx & Mäleon) also offer our hub in their bikes.

Other bicycle manufacturers such as Quantor and Muli will follow shortly.

To be included in your future dream bike, you can do us a favour and ask your bike company/brand about the availability of 3X3 in their bike portfolio.

----------------------------------------

I have even approached a number of bike manufacturers from the list above. In return I got the usual "no can do" response.

Not very impressed given that by October 2023 even the electronic shifting version was meant to be available to the average Joe.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles