Gawton Gravity Hub, Devon - Levo

caterhamnut

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
South West
Went to Gawton Gravity Hub in Devon for the first time last week. It is only 2 miles away from where I am living, so stupid not to!
I guess it is the first 'bike park' type place I've been to, and it was a blast.
I'm one of those middle age, mildly fit blokes, so certainly don't bounce anymore, so I was a little nervous about going to a downhill location - need not have worried - it was awesome....
For a few reasons - firstly, nice to go down those smooth trails you see in the videos - just for a change. Gawton have grades on their runs, so these two red runs were ok for me. These videos are my first runs so really did not know what was coming - so pretty cautious!
BUT - a great place to repeat repeat repeat - play with bike settings (mainly tyre pressures) and learn new skills - like railing the berms and tentative jumping off drop-offs - none of which you will see in these videos - but I can go back and learn....looking forward to it.
I'll give the double-black runs a miss just now...
Levo was superb simply for the climb back up - steep and long!! E-bike meant I can keep trying stuff out.
I paid my 40 quid and joined for the year....

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles