Garmin Watch

Arminius

Subscriber
Jul 26, 2022
Rhein-Ruhr Delta, Germany
Just one point about the Epix v the Fenix. The Fenix is rated at 50 mts+ so great for snorkelling and even scuba diving. The Epic is surface swimming only which seems a bit of a downgrade for such an expensive watch. I know it won't affect MTB-ers (or shouldn't) but everyone goes on holiday !
Valid point! Especially if that rain over the last months keeps going to continue.…

IMG_3076.jpeg

Oct 31, 2021
Wiltshire, UK
Garmin instinct 2. Got it for less than £200 (in Switzerland no less). I didn’t want the models with maps as I can’t read them without glasses and they are too heavy for me to wear when cycling as they bang around on one’s wrist. Battery life is at least five days unless I use gps. If you get the solar version you might never need to charge it. You can get this watch in a smaller size. Easy to read and tons of features. TBH, I prefer my edge for cycling, but I use the watch to broadcast heart rate to the edge. It’s a steep and long learning curve mastering these watches. I have found less is more - I customise each activity (I’ve used it for skiing, ski touring, x country skiing, hiking and SUP) with just the information I need on as few screens as possible. It’s worth backing up your settings. My watch crashed and I had to reset it to factory settings - it took many hours to get it back to how I wanted it
My vote goes to the Garmin Instinct 2S Solar, does everything I need, great battery life, and doesn't look like you've got an ipad strapped to your arm.
20240204_132454.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Dax

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
I had the Fenix 6, Epix Gen 2 and now just ordered the Epix Pro 51mm.

What I want is a better HRM for gym and MTB - it can stop reading my HR on some stuff on MTB as it’s getting knocked around a bit. The new Epix Pro has an upgraded HRM on it.

The Epix has been great so far, battery life around 10 days with frequent GPS usage and screen on raise to wake. 51mm Epix has a bigger battery and very long (31 days?) battery life for the same use case as mine.

As well as the torch - I use my phone torch a ton so hope that having it on my watch will stop me having to use my phone so much.
I’m going to go with the Epix Pro but in the 47mm size, I’ve got 17.8cm wrists so the 47 is pushing it size wise IMO. I’m still shopping around looking for the best price right now.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
I’m going to go with the Epix Pro but in the 47mm size, I’ve got 17.8cm wrists so the 47 is pushing it size wise IMO. I’m still shopping around looking for the best price right now.
Jura Watches were the cheapest I found.

I messaged them on whats app and they did another £50 off the price.

LAWHITEY

Apr 29, 2020
UK
I'd go on Amazon for this, I did it around mid December if you save the search and item and keep an eye on the price, I went on every day and the price jumped from around from day 1 it was about £698, then every day it dropped to like 670, 645, 625 them I eventually pounced at £608, took about 5 days for it to drop to that, then the day after it was up at about 690 again.

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD
I'd go on Amazon for this, I did it around mid December if you save the search and item and keep an eye on the price, I went on every day and the price jumped from around from day 1 it was about £698, then every day it dropped to like 670, 645, 625 them I eventually pounced at £608, took about 5 days for it to drop to that, then the day after it was up at about 690 again.

If you use camel camel camel you can track historic prices of items on Amazon and set up alerts for when something hits a certain price. Here’s one for the 51mm Epix:

IMG_4444.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles