Garmin 830

Phill_B_34

Feb 11, 2019
Brisbane, AUS
Who’s using one?
And how are you finding them for off road navigation??
I am, navigation is ok. On a trail I tend not to watch it for what's coming up but at intersection of trails and fireroads, etc it's fine. Also, Trailforks works well.
Once uploaded into G.Connect each trail shows up as an individual segment.

Be aware that the 830 (& 530) does not comunicate with Shimano's E8000 display/control unit.
...but does work with the E7000 unit.

Paul Mac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
I've got one as well, upgraded from a Garmin 800.
Touch screen is great with bare fingers or gloves with touch capability, rubbish with normal gloves.
830 was released too early in my opinion, just didn't work properly when I first got it and nearly went back several times.
But with the new firmware it's now pretty good.
Some users are complaining about poor GPS accuracy in wooded areas, so far my one has been just as good as my 800, but I wouldn't say better.
Screen, viewing in bright sun and battery life are brilliant.

raymondkerr

Apr 15, 2019
East Kilbride, Glasgow Scotland
I am, navigation is ok. On a trail I tend not to watch it for what's coming up but at intersection of trails and fireroads, etc it's fine. Also, Trailforks works well.
Once uploaded into G.Connect each trail shows up as an individual segment.

Be aware that the 830 (& 530) does not comunicate with Shimano's E8000 display/control unit.
...but does work with the E7000 unit.

I'm thinking about getting a Garmin 530. I have a canyon spectral:ON with the shimano E8000 motor, but the display unit is an E7000. Could I use the Garmin 530 in place of the shimano display and still get all the battery/motor info ?

Struggling to find any good MTB/Ebike related videos on the 530 so far.

Phill_B_34

Feb 11, 2019
Brisbane, AUS
I'm thinking about getting a Garmin 530. I have a canyon spectral:ON with the shimano E8000 motor, but the display unit is an E7000. Could I use the Garmin 530 in place of the shimano display and still get all the battery/motor info ?

Struggling to find any good MTB/Ebike related videos on the 530 so far.

You can use the 530 as the main display but you need either the E7000 control unit or a Shimano EW-EN100 (EW-EN100) to communicate with the Garmin.

RipTide

Sep 2, 2019
California
Does anyone have experience with the 530 and Specialized Turbo Levo? I'm interested to hear if the 530 will show the Assist Mode, Battery, and other basic info: Speed, Cadence, Distance, etc.
Does it read the data from the sensors already on the bike, or do you have to install additional ones?

Paul Mac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
Does anyone have experience with the 530 and Specialized Turbo Levo? I'm interested to hear if the 530 will show the Assist Mode, Battery, and other basic info: Speed, Cadence, Distance, etc.
Does it read the data from the sensors already on the bike, or do you have to install additional ones?
It does have a emtb screen, which will show battery percent and it does show what power mode your in, but its easier to just look at the bikes display to be honest.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles