Full Face Helmet drill down thoughts

Swiss Roll

Jul 28, 2021
Switzerland
I have an ixs trigger ff too, I find it pretty airy, and it's a tight fit, the Bell ones i tried seemed to wobble around too much due the mips thing, who knows which is better at protection though.

MOTO13

Sep 16, 2020
Elkhorn, Wi
On cooler days, or days if I really want to hammer for an hour or so, I wear a full on Fox MX helmet. Is it hotter than a MTB helmet? Yup. Does it weigh more? Yup. But the protection afforded makes ANY MTB helmet seem like a friggin toy. But, I was used to riding for hours when I raced MX, so a little bit of a warm head when I ride my mtb seems very easy.

Last edited:

emtbPhil

Jun 20, 2021
UK
I think Fox don't get sold well
I have the proframe and it's excellent - but you need to find a local bike shop that explain the helmet comes with a whole bag of different size pads

I bought mine from the shop at Dalby Forest and the guy took the time to let me try different combinations of the pads - and the fact that you can run like I do the large side pads and small front/back means I could get a really comfy fit even though I have a large head that's quite thin

I think a lot of people walk into shops, try the display one on with the wrong size pads fitted and walk away which is a shame as it's such a good helmet IMO

I have the fox proframe and the fox dropframe and switch between full face or open face depending on if I'm doing bike parks or cross country ride.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles