Review Dainese Linea 01 Full Face Helmet

Brian VT USA

Oct 2, 2023
VT, USA
Based on another thread here that I've been following, I decided that I wanted a full-faced helmet and I plan to wear it on most all rides from now on.
I eventually narrowed it down to a Bell Super Air R Spherical or a Dainese Linea 01. It took a lot of my time to decide because there's so many great options out there.
I'd never heard of the Dainese until I stumbled onto it at this site. They aren't know in the USA. The (very few) reviews I was able to find on this helmet seemed to check the boxes for me.
Light, well-ventilated, MIPS, DH rated. I don't think there's anything else out there with those spec's for $170?
It's not very pretty. But neither am I. ;-)
Still, the idea of the Bell's removable face guard and many more reviews available had it in the lead for me, even though it's not DH rated (not that I ever come close to real DH levels anyway).
Then I noticed no cheek pads on the Bell. That turned me around.
I just ordered the Dainese in white. From the UK because they're not available here in the USA. But even with shipping it cost about the same as the best deal I could find on the Bell (except the Bell was only available in black at that price).
My head measures 56.25 cm. The S/M size is said to be for 54-56 and the M/L size is said to be for 57-58. I went with the S/M. I hope I made the right choice there because exchanging it across the pond will likely be a pain.
I'm excited to review it and I will do so here.

Last edited:

Brian VT USA

Oct 2, 2023
VT, USA
I got the helmet today.
My head measures 56.25 cm. I've been wearing full-faced helmets for off-road motorcycling for over 30 years and never had a fit problem when I order a medium.
Dainese says their S/M fits 54-56 cm and their M/L fits 57-58 cm. No medium available. So I went with S/M.
I don't mind a tight fit but this is incredibly uncomfortable all around. And I just got a tight haircut this past weekend. The shell is way too small and the hard foam in front is in direct contact with my forehead. It's actually painful to put on and wear.
I don't know if I'm going to order a M/L to try or just bail out on this model.

Last edited:

Brian VT USA

Oct 2, 2023
VT, USA
I really wanted to like this helmet but I could just not make it acceptable.
Postage to return it would cost me $85.00 so I guess I'll need to sell it to someone here in the USA. :-(
Lesson learned.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles