FSA HBS Head Block 2020 Norco Range VLT C2

Scott M

Mar 22, 2022
Australia
Hey all,

I have a 2020 Norco Range VLT C2 and it came with a FSA HBS Head Block (see attached piccys).

The problem I have is that it is not actually limiting the steering lock.
I have been trawling the web and the FSA site but cannot find any instructions on how to sort this.
I have had it apart and it does have what looks like small pieces of whipper snipper cable in it (see attached).

If anyone has any experience in dealing with these sorts of devices I would really appreciate the input.

Cheers,
Scott

20230412_231750.jpg 20230413_170228.jpg 20230412_231739.jpg Insides.jpeg

marctrinquier

Mar 14, 2024
france
Hey Scott,
I have the same bike of your and the same probleme.
I recently broke the head of the compression cardrige of my fox due to that.
So far no solution.
Hope you will find some.
Cheers from France,
Marc

Mart-e

Dec 13, 2020
Australia
Those two small pieces of orange bumpers or are a type of plastic elastomers, essentially are compressed when steering reachers max to the block or block.....

l located some wiper snipper cord much the same gauge diameter.... on removing the orange elastomer placed in beside the wiper cord..... cutting the wiper cord an extra few mm longer.... then repositioning longer pieces to the same location of headset.... this effects extra steering restriction on rotation to the block....

marctrinquier

Mar 14, 2024
france
Thanks,
I removed the rubber bumper from the frame and replaced it by thin one (1mm).The head of the fork does not touch anymore the frame.
Marc.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles