2020 Norco Range Vlt C2 Fork Adjustment Issue

Scott M

Mar 22, 2022
Australia
Hey all,

I discovered this odd problem on my 2020 Norco Range VLT C2. We my bars turn all the way to the right it adjusts the compression on my fork because of the bump stop (see attached photos).

I only became aware of this recently when I tried to adjust my suspension and it was really hard to turn the adjuster because it had been wound in or out - I can't remember as I type this - to its extent.

Now this seems like an engineering issue that Norco missed when they designed the bump stop for the bike.

Has anyone else experienced this or has a solution other than "just do t turn the bars that far...".

A mate of mine has a Rocky Mountain altitude which has a great bump stop which I would love to use if it fit.

But I can't help but think Norco missed something here.

Cheers,
Scott

20230312_155258.jpg 20230312_155242.jpg

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Hey all,

I discovered this odd problem on my 2020 Norco Range VLT C2. We my bars turn all the way to the right it adjusts the compression on my fork because of the bump stop (see attached photos).

I only became aware of this recently when I tried to adjust my suspension and it was really hard to turn the adjuster because it had been wound in or out - I can't remember as I type this - to its extent.

Now this seems like an engineering issue that Norco missed when they designed the bump stop for the bike.

Has anyone else experienced this or has a solution other than "just do t turn the bars that far...".

A mate of mine has a Rocky Mountain altitude which has a great bump stop which I would love to use if it fit.

But I can't help but think Norco missed something here.

Cheers,
Scott

View attachment 109138 View attachment 109139
not totally sure from your photos but it looks like the compression dial misses the downtube anyway so maybe file or cut the bumper down by a few mm so that it does not hit it.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles