From the Front Range of Colorado

Amps Volts Watts

Oct 16, 2023
CO
Hi all, I will be lurking here but I had a comment to make, and so I had to register. These kinds of places are great for questions that can't be answered via research.

I am especially interested in access issues as the mountains above where I live are very serious anti e bike country, mostly opposition is from the mtn bike community. Boulder is the closest public lands with an extensive trail system mostly off limits. I've been a big game meat hunter for years and so have some experience with access.

My state had an $1,100 dollar rebate, which I applied for and got, so I bought a bike from the largest selling company, Rad, and with their $700 rebate I paid a couple hundred plus the tax for a fat tire 75 lb bike. I guess there are issues with the Rad company, but it hasn't cost me much to put a foot in the water of riding e bikes.

I'm older than sin with so many injuries that I never know which one will hurt getting out of bed in the morning.

My ambition is to stay upright,

Ampsxvolts=watts

Kevjob51

May 22, 2022
Colorado
all state parks in Colorado, Jeffco county all trails, Floyd Hill, Maryland Mountain are all ebike legal. Boulder has so many nimbys and gatekeepers so ebike may never be legal there.

Amps Volts Watts

Oct 16, 2023
CO
all state parks in Colorado, Jeffco county all trails, Floyd Hill, Maryland Mountain are all ebike legal. Boulder has so many nimbys and gatekeepers so ebike may never be legal there.
Boulder has opened up all trails down on the flats, plus the Boulder Canyon bike path to the Red Lion bridge and then up towards Flagstaff a mile or so. Usually it's local businesses pushing to open for e bikes to sell more dinners/beers/hotels etc, but boulder doesn't need any more money.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles