Focus jam2 on/off switch

Tonycrc

Nov 27, 2019
North Wales
Hey all.
My power on/off switch has broken its a 2018/9 model. Has anyone got one they want to sell as looked everywhere for one and earliest I can get one is March 2022. Bike is obviously useless with out one
Many Thanks
Tony

20211120_100453.jpg

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Are you sure it's the power switch ??? Sometimes they go into "sleep" mode and need the button holding down for 3 seconds to wake up. You can also try the 10 seconds "reset" method.

If neither of those do it check the motor/battery terminals for moisture/corrosion.

If it is the button, they say in stock here ... but it's a long way away .

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
I've looked into general replacement of Focus specific parts, it's not pretty. Focus' website says go via supplying dealer who can order from Focus direct. In other words, don't bother us, we're busy.

Tonycrc

Nov 27, 2019
North Wales
Are you sure it's the power switch ??? Sometimes they go into "sleep" mode and need the button holding down for 3 seconds to wake up. You can also try the 10 seconds "reset" method.

If neither of those do it check the motor/battery terminals for moisture/corrosion.

Hi Zimmerframe... pretty sure it's switch as its in 2 bits when it should be in one.. I just can't find a replacement parts... thanks for reply

Tonycrc

Nov 27, 2019
North Wales
I've looked into general replacement of Focus specific parts, it's not pretty. Focus' website says go via supplying dealer who can order from Focus direct. In other words, don't bother us, we're busy.
Yes seemed bit of nightmare for certain parts

Tonycrc

Nov 27, 2019
North Wales

Can't add the switch to cart to buy for some reason. Checked them on wkend

Peaky Rider

E*POWAH Master
Feb 9, 2019
Derbyshire Dales
Hi Peaky Rider
No not yet, earliest can get is March..

Thanks, I'm not as certain I need one as you clearly are, it's just one of the factors I am looking at as to why my Jam2 won't turn on or charge. My other concern is the display which has been misting up, suggesting water ingress.

Tonycrc

Nov 27, 2019
North Wales
Thanks, I'm not as certain I need one as you clearly are, it's just one of the factors I am looking at as to why my Jam2 won't turn on or charge. My other concern is the display which has been misting up, suggesting water ingress.
Friend had one that was doing that and it was battery. Dont know how display misting up

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles