Floor pumps

Hobo Mikey

E*POWAH Elite
Subscriber
May 22, 2020
Where ever
What floor pumps do you guys use. I need a new floor pump so looking for recommendations. I want one that does both valve types. Over to you. (y)

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I had one with the automatic double head, can't remember what brand it was. If you take it apart it's quite neat how it works, but mine would never switch correctly 100% of the time, so I now have a Zefal one with a switchable head.

It was chosen basically because the first bike shop I went to only had one and that was €180 and did nothing fancy. So the next stop was Decathlon and the decathlon ones had the auto heads, the Zefal didn't. It also has a magnifying window for old farts :)

It's nothing special, but seems to blow air ....

zefal.jpg

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
If it is just a track pump you want, the Jo Blow track pump is excellent value for money. Tredz has them on offer at the moment.

I've had mine years now. But if you are tubeless and don't already have a tubeless inflator (I have an Airshot), then you might consider getting one that does both jobs at the same time. There are several types to choose from. Personally I prefer two simple separates, rather than one more complex product.

Barbara_Reed

Oct 18, 2020
FR
One with a battery. All the adapters you could want, charges on USB and will inflate a car tyre from flat (not a great big van tyre) and I can use it to charge my phone. A little bit bigger than a decent torch. Oh, and it has a light built in.

Coolcmsc

Oct 29, 2019
U.K.
Lezyne Classic Overdrive. Sturdy and survives ‘out in the shed’. The little things are what makes this good. What makes it great is that I’ve never had the slightest problem blowing tubeless up onto the bead using a wide variety of MTB tyre and rim widths.
7C833923-4FF7-40AC-82B3-399D91C45E98.jpeg

Nicho

Captain Caption
Subscriber
Jan 4, 2020
Furness, South Cumbria.
What floor pumps do you guys use. I need a new floor pump so looking for recommendations. I want one that does both valve types. Over to you. (y)

Last year I bought a Jobsworth Tubeless 2 Pump It Up Track Pump from Planet X.
It is very well-made, mostly from metal, and the gauge seems pretty accurate compared to my Halfords digital tyre gauge.
So far it has been used regularly for topping up my tyres, but I have not needed to use it for inflating a newly installed tubeless tyre, so cannot comment on its efficiency for that.
A bargain for £30.

1615322435343.png

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
@Barbara_Reed's idea makes sense ... E-bike, E-pump !

Makita and many others, like Ryobi, also make them if you have existing batteries. Not sure about the Ryobi, but on the Makita you can digitally set the pressure you want and it stops at that.

I generally use the manual version though. It moves more air quicker.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles