Flip chip and fork upgrade on Kenevo 2020

Spagnol

May 2, 2019
Italy
Hello experts,

so I like the extra clearance with the chip on high , but I like how slack the bike is on low position.

I'm thinking about upgrade the boxxer to 190 o 200 mm and leaving the flip chip on high position .

The question is , how the 190 or 200 mm upgrade will affect to the head angle ? and which one you recommend :)

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Won’t just upping the travel raise the BB height? not the familiar with the Kenevo flip chip and how much it changes

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
Hello experts,

so I like the extra clearance with the chip on high , but I like how slack the bike is on low position.

I'm thinking about upgrade the boxxer to 190 o 200 mm and leaving the flip chip on high position .

The question is , how the 190 or 200 mm upgrade will affect to the head angle ? and which one you recommend :)
Going to 200mm will give you about a degree less HA. With the flip chip set to high, it will be great for downhill while still being compliant everywhere else. With the flip chip set low it will start to suffer.
Won’t just upping the travel raise the BB height? not the familiar with the Kenevo flip chip and how much it changes
Yes it lifts the bottom bracket height but more importantly it reduces the bottom bracket drop by around 6mm which has a negative affect. Nothing crazy but slightly noticeable. For me I preferred the extra travel.

Spagnol

May 2, 2019
Italy
Hello experts,

Going to 200mm will give you about a degree less HA. With the flip chip set to high, it will be great for downhill while still being compliant everywhere else. With the flip chip set low it will start to suffer.
Yes it lifts the bottom bracket height but more importantly it reduces the bottom bracket drop by around 6mm which has a negative affect. Nothing crazy but slightly noticeable. For me I preferred the extra travel.

So probably on high with 200 mm I get the best of both worlds ... extra clearance and a head angle similar to the low position with 180 .

Going to make the order and upgrade the fork

Thanks !!!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles