Fitting Bosch Kiox to top tube

SenderoSeeker

Dec 9, 2018
Madrid, Spain.
Hey all.

I know this has been discussed with regards to Trek bikes, but has anyone built, bought or hacked a way to put the Bosch Kiox on the top tube? I'd really like to clean up the handlebars. I ride in Emtb mode mostly, so rapid access is not such a big deal.

Cheers.

Alejandro

Dec 13, 2020
Spain
May be this.....
20210128_202826.jpg
20210128_202926.jpg

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada

I wonder why Bosch doesn't offer a universal mount like this? on the downtube like that just seems to be one of the best ways to protect the display of potential damage.

The other mount option that I've seen someone else make was this one.

I like it because it tucks the display right up against the stem. Orbea uses something similar but this one seems to tuck in closer to the stem and the handlebar.

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
I added the Kiox to replace the Purion. Locating the Kiox computer on the stem made sense because it was magnetically mounted. In the event of a crash, or if was inadvertently knocked off, no damage would happen to the Kiox. However, on a few occasions the Kiox was knocked off, during a downhill run, and was temporarily lost. I never noticed it was missing for a few hundred meters. Thankfully my buddy remembered that I had encountered some heavy limbs while riding down the trail. So there it was...on the ground, next to the trail, a few hundred meters from where i noticed it missing. 15 minutes of searching and the prospect of replacing a lost Kiox.

Later that day I tethered the Kiox to the stem and included a plastic disconnect fitting.

I like the stem position of the Kiox because i can view it quickly or at a glance. If the position was any lower (tube mounted) I would likely take my eyes off the trail or not use it at all during descents. I want the Kiox to magnetically break-away but I don’t want to loose it. I find that a short tether with a plastic disconnect works pretty good.

025A024D-895A-4F7D-BCDF-CD6D31704FA5.jpeg

80BC5D08-7DBF-45EA-965A-ECB22546BDD3.jpeg

Alejandro

Dec 13, 2020
Spain
Thank you, how's it fastened to the top tube?
I really like the look of this as an option for mounting the Kiox display, I never understood why Bosch's options had the display so out in the open exposed to potential damage from crashes. That's the one thing I really like about the display on my shimano bike.
Now with double sided tape
20210204_230948.jpg

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada
I added the Kiox to replace the Purion. Locating the Kiox computer on the stem made sense because it was magnetically mounted. In the event of a crash, or if was inadvertently knocked off, no damage would happen to the Kiox. However, on a few occasions the Kiox was knocked off, during a downhill run, and was temporarily lost. I never noticed it was missing for a few hundred meters. Thankfully my buddy remembered that I had encountered some heavy limbs while riding down the trail. So there it was...on the ground, next to the trail, a few hundred meters from where i noticed it missing. 15 minutes of searching and the prospect of replacing a lost Kiox.

Later that day I tethered the Kiox to the stem and included a plastic disconnect fitting.

I like the stem position of the Kiox because i can view it quickly or at a glance. If the position was any lower (tube mounted) I would likely take my eyes off the trail or not use it at all during descents. I want the Kiox to magnetically break-away but I don’t want to loose it. I find that a short tether with a plastic disconnect works pretty good.
Didn’t you already post this just above along with your pictures?

eddiemac47

Mar 4, 2020
East Coast, USA
I wonder why Bosch doesn't offer a universal mount like this? on the downtube like that just seems to be one of the best ways to protect the display of potential damage.

The other mount option that I've seen someone else make was this one.

I like it because it tucks the display right up against the stem. Orbea uses something similar but this one seems to tuck in closer to the stem and the handlebar.

If you run 35mm bars, you can buy the Orbea mount directly from them. I was unable to find them for 31.8 until I stumbled across thison Etsy guy who 3d prints them. I purchased one and am using now. It was a tad on the rough side when I received it, but I spent a little time sanding and prepping and it works pretty good now. I'll try to get you guys a picture later today.

EM

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada
If you run 35mm bars, you can buy the Orbea mount directly from them. I was unable to find them for 31.8 until I stumbled across thison Etsy guy who 3d prints them. I purchased one and am using now. It was a tad on the rough side when I received it, but I spent a little time sanding and prepping and it works pretty good now. I'll try to get you guys a picture later today.

EM
DDFCD0FE-9B44-4D65-9D89-5FA9423385E0.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles