First service

sipaldi

Apr 28, 2022
england
I have had my Cube EXC750 around 3 months now and as yet have not been able to get it back for its first service.
Is the first service free?
Should the dealer replace the battery cover and clip foc that came off first ride and was damaged by the rear wheel? I did report it at the time.
Do I need to go back where it was purchased or could any cube dealer do the work?

Thanks,
Phil

Another One

Feb 28, 2022
London / Wakefield
I have had my Cube EXC750 around 3 months now and as yet have not been able to get it back for its first service.
Is the first service free?
Should the dealer replace the battery cover and clip foc that came off first ride and was damaged by the rear wheel? I did report it at the time.
Do I need to go back where it was purchased or could any cube dealer do the work?

Thanks,
Phil
1st service is more of an inspection and checking all is well this would normally be done by selling dealer in the UK. If Cube have there own shops that maybe different although I don’t believe they have any in the UK.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
1st service after 6 weeks has been free on every bike I have bought. It is there to check for any loose bolts, any niggling warranty issues that have emerged. But in my opinion, it is there to check for shifting problems caused by the outer hose seating more deeply into its mounts which has the effect of a longer and therefore slacker inner wire. A slacker inner wire affects your shifting. Most people on this Forum will be aware of that and have sorted it out for themselves as soon as it happens, but some bike buyers are not experienced and have no idea why their shifting is not working as well as it did. If I have no issues, I don't take the bike back unless it is required to maintain the warranty.

As for the cover and clip, that may have been down to incorrect fitting (by who, you or them?) or it may be a faulty item. The resolution will be down to your negotiating skills.

ShinySideUp

Jun 4, 2022
UK
My Cube battery cover clip was broken and the cover cracked when I got it although I didn't notice until I got it home, I went back and they changed it for one from another bike then ordered a new one for that. Perhaps it's a design problem with the push-button catch but I think it more likely that someone was a bit of a gorilla during final inspection.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles