Servicing pivot bearings stereo hybrid 140 625 race

CocoPlops

Jun 19, 2022
Kinlochleven
Hello!

Looking for a bit of support and help if possible :)

Looking to service my bearings myself as I’m getting more confident with tools.

I have have browsed the net in the hope I could find a video or guide so I don’t cock it up 😓

Was tempted to remove a seal, clean and grease without taking the bike apart? Would this be possible or would I have to remove the triangle etc?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Once a bearing becomes rough, just cleaning and adding new grease is not likely to achieve a great deal, they really need to be changed, because they are probably worn. So that involves using a bearing press set.

CocoPlops

Jun 19, 2022
Kinlochleven
Once a bearing becomes rough, just cleaning and adding new grease is not likely to achieve a great deal, they really need to be changed, because they are probably worn. So that involves using a bearing press set.

Hi Mikerb thanks for the input 😁

I have a press for bearings but unfortunately I need a puller for the removal on my bike.

Do you think it would be possible to remove all the bearings without taking the triangle etc off ?

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Hi Mikerb thanks for the input 😁

I have a press for bearings but unfortunately I need a puller for the removal on my bike.

Do you think it would be possible to remove all the bearings without taking the triangle etc off ?
yes..........check out the Yorkshire Bike Mechanic you tube channel............he did a complete bearing change in one of his videos just recently.

CocoPlops

Jun 19, 2022
Kinlochleven
yes..........check out the Yorkshire Bike Mechanic you tube channel............he did a complete bearing change in one of his videos just recently.
Started taking apart my hubs then putting them back together so mustering the courage to move up

Cheers mate, really appreciate the help 😁

Take care

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles