First Rides Sam2

Husky430

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Glasshouse Mts - Australia
thumbnail_IMG_4890.jpg

Had a ball over the weekend riding some of my usual trails and comparing the difference between my old Merida and my new Sam2.
Loving it so far, observations so far are; finding the need to get over the front a bit more in those "loose gravel' in tight turns, not sure if its to do with the bigger wheel and slightly slacker head angle/ No biggy, really just an adjustment in technique from me.
The other big difference i noticed, apart from the motor feeling a lot more grunty, was how much plusher the suspension feels. Whether this is just because it's newish I'm not so sure about. I did have the suspension on the Merida serviced not so long back so should be on about par but the biggest difference between the two would have the be the coil rear end. Loving that.
Will ride it a bit more before trying the 27.5 rear wheel in there for even more experimenting.
Loving it as a whole and can't wait for the next opportunity to get out on it again very soon.
thumbnail_IMG_4898.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_4911.jpg

SP5657

Oct 25, 2022
Kent
How do the Magic Mary's perform? I am just about to change to Michelin Wild Enduro after running Maxis Assegai's through summer...I was tempted by the Mary's though...

Last edited:

Husky430

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Mary's or Assegai, both excellent tyres for the type of riding I do and had them on this and my last ebike. I tend to go with whichever is cheaper at the time. If your into more downhill, make sure you get the one with the best or at least heavier casings.

SP5657

Oct 25, 2022
Kent
Thanks, I have been really impressed with the Assegai's, grip level has been really good, but need something decent for more slop based rides :) I will see how I go and may try these on the next turn :)

Husky430

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Have gone down the mullet line now and it makes the bike even better (IMHO) and can highly recommend it. I left the flip chip on the rear axle in the same position, just as Rob from this forum recomended and it's just as he stated, so stable when you point the thing downhill. I just got a whole wheel, again from whoever had a sale on and it was about $380 AUD from Chainreaction delivered, its a Hope 35 with a pro 4 hub, nice bit of kit and now has a screaming clicker thing going on to match my mates with the same hub. I was always telling him to "shut the F'ing thing up" and now I'm just the same :ROFLMAO:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles