My Sam2 6.8 (first post)

jhumphries79

Jul 10, 2022
France
Only 4 days ago, I finally made the decision to rekindle my passion for mountain biking with Focus and Bosch. Rob's channel was instrumental in my decision to go for the Bosch CX in the 2021 Sam2 6.8 over the 2022 Jam2 7.9 Shimano. Even though the Jam2 is more future-proof, the Sam2 aligned with the kind of bike I used to own so so many moons ago.

Yes my lads and laddies, it was another world (Texas) and another time (1990s) when full suspension MTBs were in their early years. I outfitted a Cannondale Super V 700 with a Marzocchi Bomber 200mm travel (living in flat Houston) just for the shiggles. Unfortunately, my Super V was sold 6mo later to pay for debts related to my new life at uni in Santa Cruz, CA. That is where I discovered the Santa Cruz brand and have been pining over a fully ever since.

The wait is over and though I am 24 years older, my new ride is this milk brown Sam2 6.8, which I opted for over the 6.9 model because I wanted a rear-locking shock. As my research indicated (may be inaccurate), the rear coil shock on the Sam2 6.9 is always active. Having the ability to lock out the rear saves energy and battery power. As for the front shock (just love the Fox 38) I will have to wait for an upgrade later.

I rode the 6.9 in Australia at my friend's shop Life Cycle Bikes in Margaret River, WA and just fell in love with the bike. But trying to buy an eMTB and shipping it over international waters is a huge hassle and very expensive. So I purchased locally here in Toulouse and even get 450€ back from the government!

For anyone wondering about sizing, I am 171cm tall with a 74cm inseam and weighing 72kg. I train on weights in gyms since 1992 and run regularly short marathons. So lifting a 26kg bike up a couple flights of steps is no problem. Also, the top tube leaves just enough clearance for the family jewels after sag has been dialled-in.

My (silly) query : the Sam2 now occupies a "dead-space" in my small apartment, in the bathroom. When I take a long shower it is removed, but for shorter showers can it remain or will a towel covering the disc brake suffice to prevent oxidation?

Sorry for the long written and rambling intro. So since it's 2022, here's your TL:DR - happy short dude from California in France got a SAM2 6.8 after 24y no mtbiking. Stores it in the bathroom.

Sam2_6.8.jpg

Sam2 Bath.jpg

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
You're not trying hard enough on efficient multi use of space ...

1657531860226.png

To answer your question, I guess it depends on the overall humidity levels in your bathroom. How hot you shower (quantity of steam) - showering cold will be better for the bike.

jhumphries79

Jul 10, 2022
France
You're not trying hard enough on efficient multi use of space ...

View attachment 92091

To answer your question, I guess it depends on the overall humidity levels in your bathroom. How hot you shower (quantity of steam) - showering cold will be better for the bike.
And I thought my Focus was invasive. 😂. You playing with me or is this ☝️ is how you store the eMTB on the regular?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles