First Bike Check

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
My 2019 Levo Comp has completed a few good rides now, so I thought it was time to give it a thorough check to ensure all bolts were tight etc. The only slight problems I have encountered whilst riding are a bit of gear selection hesitation mostly in the middle of the cassette and an annoying light clicking or tapping noise coming from somewhere around the headset. I re indexed the gears from scratch and that has resolved the gear change issue. I guess it is to be expected that the selector cable will stretch a little to start with. I decided to do a complete headset service in case some grit etc was causing the clicking noise; but I also noted that the front brake cable could have been tapping the Fork stanchion. I stuck a small piece of neoprene to the cable where it crosses the stanchion. Not sure whether this or the headset service cured the clicking noise but its gone so one or the other was the cause! Everything else checked out fine except for the rear wheel through axle which was loose. I have never removed the rear wheel so not sure whether it has worked itself loose or was not tightened properly in the first place. Something to monitor.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles