Levo Gen 2 Levo cable check

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Levo went on ok yesterday but strugging to connect to mission control as sometimes happens. So switched off and unwilling to boot up again. Only way I managed was by unplugging the battery cable and plugging in again . Took several attempts but when it does its coming on with the cable being connected again not by the switch. Did this a few times before I went out and it was the same every time i switch off with TCU i need to unplug and plug on again . It went OK on the ride . Any suggestions welcome.

Tim22

Jan 15, 2020
Boise, Id
Levo went on ok yesterday but strugging to connect to mission control as sometimes happens. So switched off and unwilling to boot up again. Only way I managed was by unplugging the battery cable and plugging in again . Took several attempts but when it does its coming on with the cable being connected again not by the switch. Did this a few times before I went out and it was the same every time i switch off with TCU i need to unplug and plug on again . It went OK on the ride . Any suggestions welcome.
I've had that happen. Unplug the Roseberg plug. Spray with contact cleaner. Look for small sand or rock. Make sure all the connectors in the cable freely move in and out. This should do it.

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
I've had that happen. Unplug the Roseberg plug. Spray with contact cleaner. Look for small sand or rock. Make sure all the connectors in the cable freely move in and out. This should do it.
Tried that no joy. Spoke to dealer saying take small cables out blast with air still the same. Leave motor and tcu cables inside overnight see if it helps. It was a bit damp and grimy in there. Too dull to see now in shed . Don't like playing with piddly little wires too fragile for me.

escrs

Jun 26, 2019
UK
Ive had something similar, bike wouldnt change modes and wouldnt power off from the TCU, i had to disconnect the rosenburger plug to turn it off

I removed the TCU from the top tube, unplugged it from the bike and bought it in the house for 2 days to see if had got wet and it needed to dry out, 2 days later everything worked again, i electrical taped around the TCU's casing's joint and over the dignostic rubber plug to stop anymore water ingress and its been fine since

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Ive had something similar, bike wouldnt change modes and wouldnt power off from the TCU, i had to disconnect the rosenburger plug to turn it off

I removed the TCU from the top tube, unplugged it from the bike and bought it in the house for 2 days to see if had got wet and it needed to dry out, 2 days later everything worked again, i electrical taped around the TCU's casing's joint and over the dignostic rubber plug to stop anymore water ingress and its been fine since
Yes I haven't had starting issues since I got Version 3 or 4 of cable in November 2021 . Happened a few times before that . Its going through the modes ok once its on. I press the brass connection pins and it lights up as long as I plug it back in before they go out it boots up. But switch it off at Tcu and it won't go on again . See how it goes today a fair chance it's the small wires in motor. I may try wife's hair dryer gently gently .

escrs

Jun 26, 2019
UK
I wouldnt use a hair dryer as you may just blow any water further into the motor and wiring

Best thing to do is remove all the motor covers and put the bike in a room with a dehumidifier for a few days to dry everything out

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
I wouldnt use a hair dryer as you may just blow any water further into the motor and wiring

Best thing to do is remove all the motor covers and put the bike in a room with a dehumidifier for a few days to dry everything out
Berkshire cycles told me blast with compresser that's what they do. But yes agree wary . My eyes are not what they were either.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
I dont think you may be on the wrong track. As I said a bove the on/off button on the TCU merely closes a switch which then completes a 12v circuit from the main battery to the TCU ( it needs power from its own TCU battery to do that). Your description of the fault means that action is not taking place. The fault therefore likely lies in the TCU. Either that switch is not working due to TCU damage ( e.g. water ingress) or the TCU battery is flat and unable to operate the switch. If you had any cable or connection problems elsewhere the bike would likely not operate reliably when ridden. I cannot remember with the Levo battery but if you are able to access the main battery on/off switch whilst the main battery is still connected ( some bikes provide a pinhole in the downtube to be a ble to do that), try doing that.

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Still not starting will have a go at it again tomorrow. Going OK today just not ideal having to start it by unplugging cable. This is error im getting I don't have lights . Any one know which is the light plug they are on about. Only speed sensor plug has cable others are just plugs.

Screenshot_20230320_145748.jpg

weihlac

Subscriber
Oct 12, 2020
USA

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Yes I got a new cable like that it arrived yesterday and also the one from the tcu to the motor. When I spoke to my dealer he said look at the the tcu one for corrosion on the pins and there is on one of them . Seemingly moisture comes from inside the motor and causes this. Will change them Monday and see. It actually started a couple of times yesterday using the switch but then wouldn't . More worrying I got a funny noise last week and squealing a bit it did the same yesterday when climbing after 11 miles and 3000ft of climbing so I'm thinking motor number three is on way out .

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles