Finding trails - I’m in Kent.

Fingerpuk

Apr 8, 2020
Kent
Hi all.
mid there a good place/site/app to find local trails that may not be well known? Or do people tend to keep them to themselves? Until I sort out how to transport my bike I’ll be local only and want to find some areas to get used to things a bit more interesting than fire roads.

I live near Mereworth woods in Kent, happy to add to the build crew there.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Trailforks is pretty good, though as you say the best stuff tends to be hidden away. Put up a post on here seeing if there are some people local to you who you could hook up with and show you some of the stuff (apres Covid of course)

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Strava can be quite good for finding trails. Search for "bike" segments in an area you're interested in. Then see who's ridden those segments and see what route the people took on their ride when they rode those segments. You can then normally work out where people ride and find other segments and trails.

Remember, if you then use strava to record your own ride, set it as "e-bike" not "bike" otherwise you'll steal everyones hard earned "bike" KOM's.

UVRail

Sep 13, 2020
London
I’m in Kent and there’s some decent trails in the Keston, Shoreham, Otford area between Bromley out towards the M25. Where about are you based?

Fingerpuk

Apr 8, 2020
Kent
Hi all.

I found a load of trails since posting. I ride at least twice a week. I’ve also built a couple.

now I’m moving away from ebikes to normal I’ll be able to drive it to bike parks. Whole new world of trails, pain, fitness.

Tony

May 27, 2018
South coast
Hi all.

I found a load of trails since posting. I ride at least twice a week. I’ve also built a couple.

now I’m moving away from ebikes to normal I’ll be able to drive it to bike parks. Whole new world of trails, pain, fitness.
That's interesting, what's made you decide to move away from ebikes? I'm considering the same.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles