Favourite Go Pro Mount

j3ayy

Oct 10, 2020
North Yorkshire
Hi.
I usually use my chest mount, but it becomes a pain when i have my rucksack on i feel like a trussed up chicken ?

Helmet or Chest Mount?

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
R3pro have a whole range of mounts available

(Company is based in Thornton le-Dale)

Cb750stu

Subscriber
Nov 6, 2020
United Kingdom
R3pro have a whole range of mounts available

(Company is based in Thornton le-Dale)

I've got the r3pro chin mount for my bell super DH is really good and secure, I did use the extra tie wrap just to make sure ?

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
@j3ayy Personally I like the chest mounts. Once it’s on they’re really comfy, and it’s easy access to the camera switches etc

If wearing a rucksack too is a bit inspector gadget overload then I’d swap the rucksack for a hip pack

Plus you need a full face helmet for chin mount whereas chest mounts works with anything

j3ayy

Oct 10, 2020
North Yorkshire
@j3ayy Personally I like the chest mounts. Once it’s on they’re really comfy, and it’s easy access to the camera switches etc

If wearing a rucksack too is a bit inspector gadget overload then I’d swap the rucksack for a hip pack

Plus you need a full face helmet for chin mount whereas chest mounts works with anything

I have the hip pack but i like the rucksack when we do longer rides as i have all the maintenance gear in ? I am wondering if i can attach it to my ruck sack?

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
I have the hip pack but i like the rucksack when we do longer rides as i have all the maintenance gear in ? I am wondering if i can attach it to my ruck sack?

I’m sure I’ve seen some Evoc type rucksacks that have GoPro mounts built in to the straps, but I could be dreaming!

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
I’m sure I’ve seen some Evoc type rucksacks that have GoPro mounts built in to the straps, but I could be dreaming!

There’s these:

j3ayy

Oct 10, 2020
North Yorkshire
There’s these:

That’s more like it might have to get one to try ?

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
I use both chest strap and chin strap ( Telesin). It mostly depends on whether I am wearing a full or open face helmet. The chin strap is the better option in my opinion because the camera can be panned and its angle is more consistent regardless whether you are on the pedals or seated because of course you should still be looking at the trail ahead. Using the chest mount the biggest downside is that I have to remember to adjust the camera angle depending on riding position because upper body angle changes (lower) when out of the saddle.

LoamLab

Jun 10, 2021
Squamish
There’s these:

Just ordered one of those now, thanks for the tip. Looks like a much better option that sticking things you can't remove all over the place, or using zip ties. Let's you try some different angles without commitment to any.

Chest mount all the way! Gives a more immersive feeling than for example helmet cams which feels like you as a viewer are floating around up in the air. Superwide, boost and no horizon levelling works best for me on my chest strap.

Gopro Chesty can be found cheap so there is no point getting something cheaper.

Have a handle bar mount too which can be fitted everywhere around the bike. It is always nice to mix up gopro footage so not everything looks the same. Will try chin mount too for the same reason, but have given up on mounting the camera on top of the helmet. In general, the higher up you mount the camera the slower your ride looks.

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Just ordered one of those now, thanks for the tip. Looks like a much better option that sticking things you can't remove all over the place, or using zip ties. Let's you try some different angles without commitment to any.

I’ve no idea if they’re any good, just seen some people wearing gopro’s strapped to their backpacks and a five second google search found those!

Akiwi

🐸 Kermit Elite 🐸
Feb 6, 2019
Olching, Germany
Recently I got a clip that attaches the Gopro to my backpack strap. It was much more comfortable than the chesty which can be a pain to get on or off and store. Also I tend to sweat like a pig under the thing.
If I have a backpack then this is good.
I got it on Amazon. It is a Vkesen.
1632985469345.png

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Chest mount all the way! Gives a more immersive feeling than for example helmet cams which feels like you as a viewer are floating around up in the air. Superwide, boost and no horizon levelling works best for me on my chest strap.

Gopro Chesty can be found cheap so there is no point getting something cheaper.

Have a handle bar mount too which can be fitted everywhere around the bike. It is always nice to mix up gopro footage so not everything looks the same. Will try chin mount too for the same reason, but have given up on mounting the camera on top of the helmet. In general, the higher up you mount the camera the slower your ride looks.
Yes, the lower the mount the better the perspective but chin mount does have one other advantage over the chesty and that is the fact that the human neck is a fairly effective gimbal!! So anything mounted on your head ( excluding he top of helmet because that just gets wiped off by the next low branch!!) gets an easier ride. These days with stabilisation on Gopros I dont suppose it makes as much difference as it used to but it is possible to a void using stabilisation with a chin mount.......stabilisation after all reduces the effective camera field of vision by up to 10% and can remove any real sence of the actual action as it smooths everything out!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles