Go pro question

Flog

Subscriber
Apr 19, 2020
Dorset / Somerset Border
Evening. probably a daft question but which / what chest harness are people using for those Oscar winning YouTube clips? I’ve tried three times with every mount possible - I bought a 100 piece Amazon box so loads of options but still take a great picture of my feet!!

simonk

SLayer ?
Jan 27, 2020
Exeter
Hang the camera upside down and angle it accordingly... assuming you start recording when it’s in position the footage will automatically flip to the correct orientation.

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
While in the riding position, we lean forward as we reach for the handlebars. Get a chest mount where the bracket allows the camera to be tilted upwards a bit.

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
Try clipping it on upside down then you can move it up to a horizontal position when riding , it will automatically correct the footage ?

DynamicObserver

May 4, 2020
South Wales
Stand up straight and angle the camera upwards about a 70 degree angle, when your in position it should be straight. I helmet mount mine just under the visor peak

OldGoatMTB

E*POWAH Master
Mar 24, 2020
I have an extension that mounts to the GoPro chest mount, but most of the top YouTube videos are used by mounting the GoPro to a separate gimbal.

Flog

Subscriber
Apr 19, 2020
Dorset / Somerset Border
Thanks guys. I thought I had tried most but will try again. Don't have the Stuntman brand but pretty similar. Just thinking now my harness may be too low and even perhaps I'm hunched over the bike too much and need to be more upright??
I have it ok on my helmet mount but don't like it up there as feel it exposed too much.
I'll persevere and hopefully post that Oscar winner!!

fodmtb

Sep 4, 2018
Forest of Dean
I use both the GoPro and Stuntman chesty. Stuntman is the best and most sturdy. Combined with GoPro max in Vertical orientation you get a great immersive view / angle the trail ahead and the amount of bike effort.
sample video

Most of the Pro's still use a gimbal

GH011579.JPG

Flog

Subscriber
Apr 19, 2020
Dorset / Somerset Border
I use both the GoPro and Stuntman chesty. Stuntman is the best and most sturdy. Combined with GoPro max in Vertical orientation you get a great immersive view / angle the trail ahead and the

A/ Nice track and nice ride
B/ That is the frame view I want - as I say at the mo I get my feet or with the helmet none of the bike which then doesn't give any definition.

It can be done!! I'll keep at it. (y)

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
The GoPro one is the best imo and a chesty cam is supposed to go high on your chest , it’s not a bellycam ! The higher the cam the more stable it will be and you should see the right amount of bike/bars and the world if angled right ! If you can go on the GoPro app you can see the live footage on your phone ?

Levo Laland

Nov 27, 2019
Surrey UK
Any chest plate J mount and camera upside down, as wider shot as you can get for your resolution. Never had any issues getting good footage from GoPro with this setup.

Flog

Subscriber
Apr 19, 2020
Dorset / Somerset Border
Beuuuuuty! Done. Upside down and plenty of angle was my problem so THANK YOU all. Hope to post something when we can go a little further a field.

Beezerk

Mar 23, 2019
Gateshead
Stupid question alert.
Why do people bother filming their rides anyway?
I'm not really fussed about watching reruns of my really shit riding ?

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
Stupid question alert.
Why do people bother filming their rides anyway?
I'm not really fussed about watching reruns of my really shit riding ?
Mostly to film mates as close as possible , I’ve got used to following ! When you look back at old footage it’s amazing how good the new GoPro’s are . As for gimbals I used one for a year and was impressed but the footage looks too floaty for me plus the stabilisation on the GoPro 7+ is spot on !

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles