Fantic nightmare

Cyclopath1000

Apr 26, 2019
Davis Ca
You are correct. Fantic made mopeds. ( I also have a moped addiction. )

Screenshot_20210315-143552.png

RallyXS

Sep 23, 2020
Devon
Geffro, feel for your situation. Ignore the few almost slating you for having a problem with your bike. However, it certainly sounds like the dealer is the main part of the issue, not Fantic themselves. I have had a Fantic since June last year, went through all the same water issues when it started getting wetter, new cable, then another new cable but the new style and has been fine since. A replacement motor as it was 'binding' and basically was impossible to ride on the flat with power off, it actually slowed the bike to a stop. It has since started doing that again, so going back to the bike shop. But, my bike shop is wholly supportive of me and the situation, giving Fantic grief to get the cable sorted etc. Hopefully my words won't come back to bite me with this latest issue. If I were in your situation I would definitely start a small claims against the bike shop for the cost of the bikes, depending on timings, but if you can show the issue was there in the first 6 months and a repair hasn't fixed it, you'd be entitled to your money back. I would do this just to shove it to the ignorant and unhelpful bike shop guy.

Geffro

Oct 10, 2020
GoBig174Mx27
Hi there, I too had a nightmare with the fantic and in particular the bike shop where I bought the bike.. DAMIAN harris Cycles refused to accept any responsibility. I went through a new motor, 3 power cables, bofore I eventually stripped the bike down dried the motor and coated the electrics and seals in xcf. In addition I wrapped the power lead in self emalgimating silicon tape and this allowed me to ride in the wet without the motor shutting down. Anyhow I still wasnt impressed and took the bike shop to court for a full refund. It took me 4 months from the initial claim until I received my £5k back.... There is no excuse for piss poor customer service... Take the bike shop to court.. You will win.
Did you use a solicitor or small claims court

dannau

Jun 17, 2020
Chile
I've had my Fantic Integra 160 Carbon Enduro ebike for close to two years now with more than 2800k on the clock. I upgraded a lot on it mainly with Hope e4 brakes, Hope wheels, sram x01 groupset and carbon here and there. But the bike has delivered with no problem whatsoever except the usual wear and 4 derailleur hangers (...that probably saved my expensive x01 derailleur and my rear triangle of course). Integration of the Brose elements is excellent, the frame is very well balanced and with excellent geometry. The only part I would change is the lower carbon motor protection that lasted only two months and was replaced by the standard version, much more durable. I would also replace the cheap Fantic plastic covers on the sides of the Brose motor which amplify all the gear changes and noises of the crankset and chain (but maybe Fantic has solved this in the later models). I'm certainly not a Fantic fanboy as I "accidently" bought mine because of a end of season rebate. I'm not new to the mtb sport in general as I've done xc competetion for more than 6 years in the south of France. But this is a very good ebike that I believe is mainly underrated because it is Italian and a small manufacturer.
Fantic Integra Carbon 160 Enduro.JPG

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2019
Tillicoultry
Did you use a solicitor or small claims court
Small claims was suffient. Very easy to navigate the forms and submit. Cost me £110, good thing is that you clain in your local court so if it goes to court the defendant has to have representation in your court.. Cost to them are far higher and should result in a settlement

Geffro

Oct 10, 2020
GoBig174Mx27
Hi @Geffro , did changing the cable fix your issue? i am facing same issue with my bike and took it to a shop here in California and they said everything look good. every time i go through little bit of water, the electronics stops working, and after about 10 hrs, it starts working again..
Hi , yes the cable replacement fixed the issue , the damp seems to get in lower down and gets through the plug into the motor , probably a good idea to unplug the cable and let the motor socket area dry out for a few days in the warm

ajith

Nov 29, 2021
San Diego
Hi , yes the cable replacement fixed the issue , the damp seems to get in lower down and gets through the plug into the motor , probably a good idea to unplug the cable and let the motor socket area dry out for a few days in the warm
Thank you.. kind of pain to reach the connector as the crank has to come off... at atleast know why it's happening....

ajith

Nov 29, 2021
San Diego
could finally open up the motor cover and could see that the cable don't even have sleeves all the way. the contacts were looking ok. for now taped up the cable and hopefully will hold. I couldn't find the cable in US to replace. will replace once i could find it...

1638847928243.png

malc101

Nov 29, 2021
Upstate, NY
I think a lot of problems need to be mitigated by the rider/owner on these bikes. One day someone from the automotive industry will help them build reliable enclosures. Until then, I think all bikes need a partial fender on the fork, a partial fender on the back that goes from the bottom pivot up to where a fender brace would be on a regular bike, and a splatter cover over the battery down tube. The two partial fenders do a lot, and the frame tube cover keeps water out and saves you from having to wash the that area. Without these three items my bike was full of mud and grit on the pivots and motor, and had water in the battery compartment. I have some fugly mylar tape on the bottom of my down tube while I wait for a neoprene cover for winter riding. It is dry inside and clean on top of my pivots and motor after riding on mud for hours.

Coolcmsc

Oct 29, 2019
U.K.
I think a lot of problems need to be mitigated by the rider/owner on these bikes. One day someone from the automotive industry will help them build reliable enclosures. Until then, I think all bikes need a partial fender on the fork, a partial fender on the back that goes from the bottom pivot up to where a fender brace would be on a regular bike, and a splatter cover over the battery down tube. The two partial fenders do a lot, and the frame tube cover keeps water out and saves you from having to wash the that area. Without these three items my bike was full of mud and grit on the pivots and motor, and had water in the battery compartment. I have some fugly mylar tape on the bottom of my down tube while I wait for a neoprene cover for winter riding. It is dry inside and clean on top of my pivots and motor after riding on mud for hours.
Can you tell us more about neoprene covers? Are they a generic thing, where do they go and what do they achieve? Serious question as I don’t want to assume 👌

malc101

Nov 29, 2021
Upstate, NY
For cooler or winter rides, other forum members have mentioned this: Fahrer Akku Insulated E-Bike Battery Cover (Black) (Universal Downtube)
I'm looking for one in stock, or I will make my own. On hotter days something that vents better would be needed, or maybe just a bottom splash cover made from Tyvek with some velcro. USPS express mail envelopes have plenty of material for the summer bottom cover. Might even make you look like a USPS sponsored rider, like Lance used to be :)

ajith

Nov 29, 2021
San Diego
i hope some one can help me with this, the bike keep shutting down mid ride, and looks like its a connection issue. if i keep moving the connector at the battery, it turns back on for runs for sometime, and again shuts down..

was trying to find the cable here in US, and not available. Does anyone know whether i can use the cable for Levo? it looks same. provided the link below.

would be great if some one could confirm.

thank you...

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles