ENDURO FLYON 8.0 HANDLEBAR

saione

Oct 19, 2020
Lerici
Hi.
I would need to know the rise of the handlebar of HAIBIKE ENDURO FLYON 8.0.
I'd like slightly increase it.
Thanks

Sidepod

Sep 2, 2020
Oxford
Stock bars are 20mm rise. I’d be wary of swapping the bar’s. It involves taking the display apart and disconnecting the control cable from the PCB inside the display I destroyed one connector doing this. A new controller with cable and connector is £100 .
DF33E7A8-BC1B-49CA-979F-685C6A7B736B.jpeg

saione

Oct 19, 2020
Lerici
Stock bars are 20mm rise. I’d be wary of swapping the bar’s. It involves taking the display apart and disconnecting the control cable from the PCB inside the display I destroyed one connector doing this. A new controller with cable and connector is £100 . View attachment 59903
Thanks for your suggestions.
Are cables and connectors present only in the central display?
Is the commanding controller/switch on the left side of the bar wireless or wired (internally)?
Thanks for your help.
Stefano

Sidepod

Sep 2, 2020
Oxford
Thanks for your suggestions.
Are cables and connectors present only in the central display?
Is the commanding controller/switch on the left side of the bar wireless or wired (internally)?
Thanks for your help.
Stefano
The switch on the left is wired into the controller but the cable is routed inside the bars which is why the display unit needs to be disconnected. It is a real pain in the arse.

saione

Oct 19, 2020
Lerici
Stock bars are 20mm rise. I’d be wary of swapping the bar’s. It involves taking the display apart and disconnecting the control cable from the PCB inside the display I destroyed one connector doing this. A new controller with cable and connector is £100 . View attachment 59903
Thanks again.
Would you be so kind to post pictures of the holes for cables in the original handlebar?
Thanks.
Stefano.

Sidepod

Sep 2, 2020
Oxford
So the cable routes under the grip, inside the bars and exits in the middle before going to the display.

The problem is the tiny connector on the end of the cable is very fragile and easily broken when removing from the display.

I broke it the first time I did it so had to buy a whole new control switch!
The second time I did it (on a different bike) I simply snipped the cable leaving the display untouched. When the new bars were fitted I just re-soldered the cable (six cores) and taped it up.

6D5A1D7E-C09A-42DC-8924-BD0496708B68.jpeg
4406D960-DDC2-46DC-939B-A090DE68DC93.jpeg
E525C8E5-1B7B-4EAD-955A-7F3CEDCFF6F6.jpeg

saione

Oct 19, 2020
Lerici
So the cable routes under the grip, inside the bars and exits in the middle before going to the display.

The problem is the tiny connector on the end of the cable is very fragile and easily broken when removing from the display.

I broke it the first time I did it so had to buy a whole new control switch!
The second time I did it (on a different bike) I simply snipped the cable leaving the display untouched. When the new bars were fitted I just re-soldered the cable (six cores) and taped it up.

View attachment 60600 View attachment 60601 View attachment 60602
Many thanks for your help!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles