EMTB members map?

verysideways

Oct 17, 2018
Cotswolds
Not sure if this has been discussed before but i couldn't find a thread using the search function - is there a map of where EMTB members are?
I'm not talking about addresses (bike thieves!) just approximate locations (like the first part of a postcode) so that we can see who else is in our area, to meet for rides and so on?

Would anyone else find this kind of functionality useful?
Or maybe just a thread somewhere with a list of members and their locations?

Jun 10, 2018
United Kingdom
Well when we want to go out for a ride, we usually post in the Rideouts section of the forum. I’m always looking for a lift, as I don’t live very close to trails, and I can’t drive for pharmaceutical reasons. I have asked if anybody is in my area in that section, but no one is willing to give me a lift so far.

m1bjr

Oct 22, 2018
Plymouth, UK
@verysideways - Very familiar handle. How's it going Pete?
I knew Dan from the very old S2000 forum days. Don't think we have met but did an odd tour with Bachi once when I was still S2K'ing and PN was operational.
Best of luck with the business mate and my regards to Dan.
Steve L

verysideways

Oct 17, 2018
Cotswolds
@verysideways - Very familiar handle. How's it going Pete?
I knew Dan from the very old S2000 forum days. Don't think we have met but did an odd tour with Bachi once when I was still S2K'ing and PN was operational.
Best of luck with the business mate and my regards to Dan.
Steve L
Going very well thanks! Almost everything has changed since those early days and we have made some great friends along the way. We're never going to make any money from it but it's a lot of fun :)

mark.ai

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Jul 10, 2018
Windermere
I've just created one following the example of the K1600 thing above - happy to use this if you like.
EMTB Members Map - Google My Maps

Nice - seems really easy to edit. Although there is already a misplaced point in the mid Atlantic :ROFLMAO:

Is it possible to back it up somehow? Just knowing that at some point it will suffer catastrophic editing :)

There is even an embed on site option, but it says "This map is not public, click the share button to allow others to view it." Which makes me wonder how I could add a point in the first place?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
How do I plant my flag?
I think it's explained a couple of times in the other thread linked earlier ..

But here's a link to a post in that thread which in theory shows how to do it .. there's a few problems and resolutions further down ..

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles