Eminent bikes...anyone??

theartiist

Feb 5, 2024
Ilovemywifey7!
Hello everyone, I'm part of the Eminent Drive auction purchase. i'm looking to buy the "MT" 160mm linkage w/ hardware if possible. Let me know and i'll buy it right away! Thanks!!! and good luck to anyone else in their builds!

conifer

Jan 21, 2024
Angel Fire
Hello everyone, I'm part of the Eminent Drive auction purchase. i'm looking to buy the "MT" 160mm linkage w/ hardware if possible. Let me know and i'll buy it right away! Thanks!!! and good luck to anyone else in their builds!
I need the same if somebody has extra

chickenlamb

Jan 20, 2024
USA
Did anyone get an MT link? We need one to scan so they can be machined. Mine did not come. Someone took them at the auction

JREbike

Jan 19, 2024
San Diego, CA
All parts finally in house. As I start connecting everything I noted that the battery harness (2I) has 4 wires with connectors. 2 of these wires attach clearly to the charging port (2H) and the black circular connector goes to the motor. What is the fourth wire for? Is it unused by design?

PS I found the down tube wire/cable routing maddening (specifically the dropper post). Found it much easier to run cable first THEN insert battery but YMMV.

batteryextras_sm.jpg

JREbike

Jan 19, 2024
San Diego, CA
Took the Drive out for its first ride this afternoon. Generally works great but need to tune the motor I think? Also need to clean up the cabling. Some parts of the build were pretty frustrating. Specifically cable routing and the preponderance of tiny screw/bolts especially for the motor covers which I assume is a shimano issue.
ride1.jpg

cguy

Feb 23, 2021
Canada
All parts finally in house. As I start connecting everything I noted that the battery harness (2I) has 4 wires with connectors. 2 of these wires attach clearly to the charging port (2H) and the black circular connector goes to the motor. What is the fourth wire for? Is it unused by design?

PS I found the down tube wire/cable routing maddening (specifically the dropper post). Found it much easier to run cable first THEN insert battery but YMMV.

View attachment 134089
I believe it's a on/off button connector. Here's an example Darfon part that looks to have a matching cable end. Just a guess though. BiXS Darfon wiring harness with starter button 500mm, 25.90 CHF

chickenlamb

Jan 20, 2024
USA
What makes you
Took the Drive out for its first ride this afternoon. Generally works great but need to tune the motor I think? Also need to clean up the cabling. Some parts of the build were pretty frustrating. Specifically cable routing and the preponderance of tiny screw/bolts especially for the motor covers which I assume is a shimano issue.
View attachment 134271
Think you neee to tune the motor?

chickenlamb

Jan 20, 2024
USA
The motor seems a little inconsistent in support when going up longer climbs. Need to research what things I can change in the etube app.
Wonder what your wheel circumfrance is set to. I believe you can change that im etube but need to pay a subscription fee

Swordfished

Apr 11, 2023
Atlantic Canada
OK folks, here are some drawings of the LT link.

My friend Dave has been hard at work. I am cross-posting his message taken from the FB group "Eminent Cycles Drive LT/MT Owners". Adding it here for posterity (because FB sucks in many ways, including for retrieving info).

Here is what Dave said :

I measured up the LT link so that it might be used as documentation in future and to compare to the MT Link that hopefully we will have more data about shortly. Here are the fusion files. There are some useful notes in the model comments. The drawings probably suck and they have auto-generated dimensions. So ask questions, or get any details you need from the actual model.
Fusion
Fusion
Fusion

Password: Eminent

I generally didn't model chamfers, fillets, threads and everything is made to ideal sizes to not take fits or tolerances into consideration. Data was gathered by surveying 2 LT links on a surface plate with gauge blocks. Most of the numbers seem fairly sensible, but some stuff probably models my particular links, rather than what the exact design numbers are.

unnamed.jpeg

--
Dave has also been able to machine a derailleur hanger based on the one that came with his frame. It has not been tested yet, but it's only a matter of time. We're waiting on a few Shimano bits and pieces to make their way to the Great White North.

1.jpeg

2.jpeg

3.jpeg
----
Anyhow, it's great to see various skilled people pitching in to help the group with their expertise!

chickenlamb

Jan 20, 2024
USA

My friend Dave has been hard at work. I am cross-posting his message taken from the FB group "Eminent Cycles Drive LT/MT Owners". Adding it here for posterity (because FB sucks in many ways, including for retrieving info).

Here is what Dave said :

I measured up the LT link so that it might be used as documentation in future and to compare to the MT Link that hopefully we will have more data about shortly. Here are the fusion files. There are some useful notes in the model comments. The drawings probably suck and they have auto-generated dimensions. So ask questions, or get any details you need from the actual model.
Fusion
Fusion
Fusion

I generally didn't model chamfers, fillets, threads and everything is made to ideal sizes to not take fits or tolerances into consideration. Data was gathered by surveying 2 LT links on a surface plate with gauge blocks. Most of the numbers seem fairly sensible, but some stuff probably models my particular links, rather than what the exact design numbers are.

View attachment 134373

--
Dave has also been able to machine a derailleur hanger based on the one that came with his frame. It has not been tested yet, but it's only a matter of time. We're waiting on a few Shimano bits and pieces to make their way to the Great White North.

View attachment 134374
View attachment 134375
View attachment 134376 ----
Anyhow, it's great to see various skilled people pitching in to help the group with their expertise!
Hey there! Saw Dave's post. Awesome work. I have an MT link arriving tomorrow. Will then work with my machinist buddy to replicate it.

Swordfished

Apr 11, 2023
Atlantic Canada
That's awesome! Seems like everyone is MT link-curious!

Are you getting a fresh/unridden MT link? I guess you'll be able to use the LT drawings to compare measurements.

chickenlamb

Jan 20, 2024
USA
That's awesome! Seems like everyone is MT link-curious!

Are you getting a fresh/unridden MT link? I guess you'll be able to use the LT drawings to compare measurements.
Yep its brand new to my knowledge. A guy in the group got one and was nice enough to donate it for everyones benefit. I really only ever intended to ride it as an MT as my frames were aupposed to have them. I had a long talk with the auction house and it sounded like someone came in and snagged a bunch of links without them knowing.

We will be modeling it, 3d printing it for fitment and he offered to run a batch. He also offered to do hangers, axles, and hardware. The mt link tho is the first priority. I also believe he is totally cool with sharing his prints with anyone as well. I don't believe he will charge an insane amount for the link either. He is a very close friend and likes doing this stuff. He is also and avid biker.

theartiist

Feb 5, 2024
Ilovemywifey7!

Here is what Dave said :

Fusion
Fusion
Fusion

View attachment 134373

--

View attachment 134374
View attachment 134375
View attachment 134376 ----
Def put me down- I’ll buy one immediately once ready!

chickenlamb

Jan 20, 2024
USA

JREbike

Jan 19, 2024
San Diego, CA
Those wiring harnesses seem a little fragile so I thought it would be good to have an extra. I have searched everywhere to buy one and they are not easy to come by. I even got an email from the Darfon battery company saying they could not sell parts direct to consumer.

chickenlamb

Jan 20, 2024
USA
All, we have created a sheet of parts to be machined for the eminent drive. I have posted it in the facebook groups but realize not everyone is on there or active on the internet. Please use the sheet so we can get an accurate headcount of parts. This will help drive the cost down, especially for the MT link. I do not have any pricing yet but this can get very pricy and without enough on order may be very tough for someone to even want to do it. Please share with people you know that are interested. Link below: If the link does not work email me at [email protected] with what you want and I will add you.

Last edited:

Swordfished

Apr 11, 2023
Atlantic Canada
Thanks Logan.

Also a reminder to the group that some small parts have been figured out. Drive derailleur hangers have been made and are ready for anodizing. Search the Pinbike Buy/Sell page for "Eminent parts" or hit up that PB ad if you need 'em, : 2023 Eminent Drive and Haste Parts For Sale

David (the guy who made the hangers) is drawing up every machinable part from the Drive, which is good if you ever need a hanger, spare axle, idler pulley, link or shock bolts, etc etc. He'll update his ad as he produces new parts.

chickenlamb

Jan 20, 2024
USA
Thanks Logan.

Also a reminder to the group that some small parts have been figured out. Drive derailleur hangers have been made and are ready for anodizing. Search the Pinbike Buy/Sell page for "Eminent parts" or hit up that PB ad if you need 'em, : 2023 Eminent Drive and Haste Parts For Sale

David (the guy who made the hangers) is drawing up every machinable part from the Drive, which is good if you ever need a hanger, spare axle, idler pulley, link or shock bolts, etc etc. He'll update his ad as he produces new parts.
No problem. I reached out to Dave and let him know he is welcome to use the sheet however he needs if it helps him track.

Swordfished

Apr 11, 2023
Atlantic Canada
Awesome!

It would be good to add a tab on that list you made so that we can tally up available parts, and where they can be obtained (PB ads, etc). This would of course not prevent multiple sources for similar parts. Choice is good. Imagine a best-case scenario where consumables (hangers, etc) are available in various location throughout North America. Fast availability/delivery could help prevent ruined bike trips!

chickenlamb

Jan 20, 2024
USA
Awesome!

It would be good to add a tab on that list you made so that we can tally up available parts, and where they can be obtained (PB ads, etc). This would of course not prevent multiple sources for similar parts. Choice is good. Imagine a best-case scenario where consumables (hangers, etc) are available in various location throughout North America. Fast availability/delivery could help prevent ruined bike trips!
Can definitely do that. If you have a good idea of how you want it to look you are welcome to make the edit. I won't have time until later

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles