ebike field pairing problems

Swissrider

Nov 1, 2018
Switzerland
I have been trying to get my Garmin ebike field app to pair with my Orbea Rise with my edge 820, but it does not seem to find and pair with the Orbea battery. This is supposed to happen automatically. In fact, my app has stopped pairing with any extra batteries. For some reason my display reverted to the 2,5,7 indication of power rather than eco, trail and turbo. Following the advice seen on this forum I connected my edge to my PC and with Garmin Express deleted the two battery numbers I had and put in 0 (which are the instructions to start afresh). I then paired my first battery and the description has gone back to eco, trail and turbo. However, when I changed over to my second battery, my edge could not find it. So, via Garmin Express I put the number of the second battery in manually (fortunately I had written it down), so it now works. I don't know the number of my Orbea battery so i cannot add it manually and the edge will not pick it up automatically as it says in the app description. Any ideas why the automatic pairing is not working? ( I have paid premium subscription and automatic pairing of extra batteries or bikes is supposed to be a feature that one gets with this).

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles