E2 Pro Brakes

Skv1878

Apr 17, 2019
Liverpool
Hi everyone,
I've been using my bike for a few months now and seem to find that the brakes have a little give in them before they apply. Unsure if it's the makeup of the brake or whether they need bleeding as they seem underpowered to me.
Just wondering what others think of the brakes.
Thanks

ThePete

Oct 16, 2019
Dublin, CA
I have an E2 as well. I’m no mechanic but I had a similar problem with my rear brakes when they started to wear down. My shop replaced the pads on the rear and the problem was solved. Probably won’t hurt to take it in.

ThePete

Oct 16, 2019
Dublin, CA
Hopefully you won’t have to upgrade but if you do, I’d like to know what you picked out. My bike developed this really nasty vibration (and a very uncool sounding disc brake howl) while grabbing the rear break some time ago. It’s only gotten worse after I upgraded my wheel set. Will likely take mine back to the mechanic at some point too. Thinking an upgrade may fix.

Mat_Ron

Sep 29, 2018
Jacksonville, Fl
Hi everyone,
I've been using my bike for a few months now and seem to find that the brakes have a little give in them before they apply. Unsure if it's the makeup of the brake or whether they need bleeding as they seem underpowered to me.
Just wondering what others think of the brakes.
Thanks

Mat_Ron

Sep 29, 2018
Jacksonville, Fl
As your pads wear, your lever moves closer to the bars. You can adjust that distance and the lever travel on our brakes. It is not tool less as some of the Shimano brake levers but you can adjust with a hex wrench.

shimano.jpg

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
Hopefully you won’t have to upgrade but if you do, I’d like to know what you picked out. My bike developed this really nasty vibration (and a very uncool sounding disc brake howl) while grabbing the rear break some time ago. It’s only gotten worse after I upgraded my wheel set. Will likely take mine back to the mechanic at some point too. Thinking an upgrade may fix.
There are two types of brake pad material: Organic Resin and Sintered Metallic. Not sure which ones make brakes howl, but you can read more about it here...

[Video] What's The Difference: Organic vs. Sintered Brake Pads (Which Is Best For You?)

Pukmeister

Jul 18, 2019
Fareham
Top tip: When you get your bike back from the shop, check the split pin holding the pads in place has been fitted and tabbed over. DAMHIK.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles