E160s fork and shock

fishcake

Sep 25, 2018
Yorkshire
Hi, I have just bought an E160s (collecting in a few days) the last 3 e-bikes I have had, all had Fox fork and shock, so just wondering how the Zeb and Deluxe shock performs on the trail? Only had a short test ride. Cheers.

militantmandy

Jan 18, 2022
Tweed Valley, Scotland
I've always found RS stuff easier to setup than the Fox stuff, although the Factory 38 on my manual bike is certainly a very good fork. I changed the damper on my e160s to the charger 3 from new. I removed the single token and I'm running very slightly more pressure (85psi) than the trail head app suggests. 6 clicks of LSC and 2 of HSC, 8 clicks of rebound. It's feeling very good now! The demo I rode had the standard suspension and even with very minimal fiddling, I thought it was pretty good. However, trails here are often long (for uk) and very rough, so I went for the Charger 3 and Bomber coil.

Clubby

Oct 3, 2020
Tayside
I'd not had a Fox fork for years and found it needed a different set up strategy to the Rock Shox I was used to. Rock Shot for me felt better with higher than recommended pressure but the compression damping wide open. Fox I had to go softer, but run the recommended compression settings (or a click to two each way).
You'll probably have an adjustment period to get used to the different feel. Fork wise, I feel RS are more supple over smaller bumps but Fox really shine when they are taking a hammering.

Rear shocks felt pretty comparable, although I would say that Fox was quicker to change volume spacers. Fox I could do on the bike, where the RS deluxe needed removed from frame to change.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles