E160RSX IN THE FOREST

Bones

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Apr 3, 2020
Harrogate
Ok I have watched it and subscribed.👍
I personally would have removed all the first part and started from the cross and removed most of the last bit.
I have found that viewers skip through videos and aren't interested in the boring bits of track or me rabbiting on.
And find out what's causing that clicking sound.
I get well pissed off if my videos have unwanted noises in them as they take some editing out.
It's a massive leaning curve trying to get the videos edited and looking good 👍

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
Nice one mate, a good honest impartial critique, that’s what I needed 👍I don’t know what’s causing that clicking noise at the moment, I bought a new saddle thinking it was that, I will remove my dropper post as it could be that, I included the first part as it explained a bit about the ride but I will follow your advice for the next one, your right it is a massive learning curve and I really want to get my videos right, it was never my intention to be a YouTube sensation or make a packet of money but it’d be nice to get more views and comments even if there are some negative ones in there for me to learn from, cheers buddy 👍🙏

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Nice one mate, a good honest impartial critique, that’s what I needed 👍I don’t know what’s causing that clicking noise at the moment, I bought a new saddle thinking it was that, I will remove my dropper post as it could be that, I included the first part as it explained a bit about the ride but I will follow your advice for the next one, your right it is a massive learning curve and I really want to get my videos right, it was never my intention to be a YouTube sensation or make a packet of money but it’d be nice to get more views and comments even if there are some negative ones in there for me to learn from, cheers buddy 👍🙏
to put your video up here just copy the URL and paste below your post. PS videos posted up to you Tube often take a few hours after they finish uploading to improve resolution. If you upload manually ( ie from a hard copy on your PC) you see in the progress that it upload SD first before coverting to HD.

Time taken to render a video is down to a few factors. Firstly, obviously a video with multiple tracks ( audio and video) and lots of transitions will take longer; render in a higher resolution will take longer ( and if often a waste since virtually no one can view anything above 1080P) and the longer the video the more time it will take. A PC rather than a laptop is the best tool and the PC preferably has a modern graphics card with its own RAM, plus a high capacity SSD rather than a hard disc. My PC typically takes 2 times the length of the video to render for my typical videos. Obviously upload to YT depends on the speed of your internet connection but also time of day ( congestion at the YT server rather than your internet upload speed). I upload late evening and my 10 /12 minute videos usually take about 30 minutes.

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
Thanks Mike, as you can see I read what you typed and took it all on board, I thank you for your reply and help, I copied the URL and that worked fine, my FUBAR was my impatience and forgetting that my video will be released at 4.00 pm today 😁 the words “DUMB ASS”spring to mind

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Here’s your link mate:

Just hit the share button on YouTube, then copy, then paste it wherever you want 👍🏽
nowt wrong with that lad!! Some nice trails up there.
Am I right in thinking you were in the saddle most of the time??
Anything downhill is better up on the pedals. You are better able to adjust balance of the bike front to back and lean the bike to get max grip and steering control. Ironically on rough downhill going slow is counter productive. The bike is better balance with some speed. If the trail is rough and rutted keep your head up and look well ahead to plan your line.
In terms of content you need only show a few seconds of each climb just for continuity unless something interesting happens...like you fall off!! Focus on the faster descents. Your audio is a bit too soft..needs turning up. I would think that clicking noise is something hitting the Gopro.....some part of your clothing.......or maybe a leash if you are using one.

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
nowt wrong with that lad!! Some nice trails up there.
Am I right in thinking you were in the saddle most of the time??
Anything downhill is better up on the pedals. You are better able to adjust balance of the bike front to back and lean the bike to get max grip and steering control. Ironically on rough downhill going slow is counter productive. The bike is better balance with some speed. If the trail is rough and rutted keep your head up and look well ahead to plan your line.
In terms of content you need only show a few seconds of each climb just for continuity unless something interesting happens...like you fall off!! Focus on the faster descents. Your audio is a bit too soft..needs turning up. I would think that clicking noise is something hitting the Gopro.....some part of your clothing.......or maybe a leash if you are using one.
Thanks Mike, yeah it’s beautiful in the Peak District, so many places to ride, the clicking sound is definitely something on my bike although I don’t know what yet, once my eyesight has been sorted I will investigate it more, I think it’s got something to do with my saddle or my dropper post.

I ride out of the saddle on descents and in the saddle for flat stuff unless it’s technical, I have a thing about ruts, I only have to look at them and it’s like a magnet and I’m in them.

I’ve heard so many people saying speed is your friend and the best part of it I agree but since I broke my thumb, my confidence took a beating too, I will take on board your suggestion for better video content, I edited some of my old footage yesterday and it’s ready for release so it’ll be after that because I’m not going to re-edit that again, it’s very much appreciated you taking time to help me, technology and videoing doesn’t come naturally to me I’m afraid 🤔

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles