E-bike backpacks - have you found them worth it ?

fisha

Feb 17, 2020
Scotland
Now I have an spare battery, and will be carrying it with me fairly regularly, I'm now looking at a newer backpack.

Now there are a fair few bags out there, and this isn't a 'which one' type post ... its more whether or not if you have a e-bike specific bag, have you found the specific battery compartment to have been really worth it over time ?

Or do you feel that you would have managed fine with a normal bag and shouldn't have bothered ?

Thanks,.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I have the Ergon one, I dont really like wearing a back pack, but have used it on occasion when doing a long XC type ride to carry a spare shimano battery - it does a great job at securing the battery so it doesn't move around (bear in mind Shimano is the smallest form factor battery of the major brands) and also has built in back protection which will save you from the battery smashing your back in an off.

Apart from the weight, you wouldn't realise there was a battery in it. I would definitely invest in a pack designed to hold a battery if you want to carry a spare.

Reactions: MB1

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
Stick it down the front of your pants , you might get a discount on your pre-ride cappuccino ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles