Whats it worth?

Andy.M

Nov 25, 2020
Rochester UK
Going to be selling my old bike in a short while. No idea what is a fair price to ask?

Lapierre Overvolt XC300 2017 400W battery 1800 miles really good general condition.
Brand new Shimano drivetrain -chain ring, chain and cassette.

[/URL]

tempImageldsXzI.jpg

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Typically, I would go for 30% less each year from the price you paid and the date you paid it. Take into account any upgrades, but not for keeping it well maintained. Stress the maintenance you have done in the advert and it will sell more quickly.

However, as you will know from this Forum, bikes of pretty much any kind are in short supply, ebikes even more so. Therefore you can expect to do better than 30% per year. Look on eBay to see what others are asking for bikes like yours, other sites too. Selling your much-loved bike is a painful process because nobody wants to pay what you know it is worth. But the longer you leave it the less you will get. :(

stiv674

E*POWAH Elite
Mar 4, 2019
Wiltshire
It's something I've been thinking about recently, mine is now a few months out of warranty, so do I look to change now while it's still in decent working order, or keep it until the inevitable happens and I need a new motor... ?

Then there's the possible long wait for a new motor...

Andy.M

Nov 25, 2020
Rochester UK
It's something I've been thinking about recently, mine is now a few months out of warranty, so do I look to change now while it's still in decent working order, or keep it until the inevitable happens and I need a new motor... ?

Why is it inevitable you will need a new motor?
That bike has done 3 years trouble free motoring, never missed a beat, well apart from the brakes started squealing once but that was sorted easily :)

stiv674

E*POWAH Elite
Mar 4, 2019
Wiltshire
Why is it inevitable you will need a new motor?
That bike has done 3 years trouble free motoring, never missed a beat, well apart from the brakes started squealing once but that was sorted easily :)

That's just the pessimist in me I guess, the motor is performing fine but it has started making a strange noise recently ?

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK

Then order that new bike now!
By the time it arrives your current bike will be fit for scrap. :eek:

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Yours is the same age as mine I think... what are your plans? ?
Mine is a 2019 Focus Jam2 9.6 NINE, delivered on 4th Jan 2019, so it's just over 2 years old now. The motor is fine, no funny noises, no play in the crank, everything works just fine. It has done just under 2500 miles. I would have done more mileage but for the various lockdowns. It weighs 20.4kg , 22.6kg with the TEC pack added boosting the battery to 756Whr. I really have no idea what I would replace it with. There appears to be nothing out there with that weight and battery reserve. If the motor was to fail, I would look at servicing or even replacing the motor, because no matter how much it would cost (within reason), it would still be cheaper than writing it off and buying a new bike.

I have already upgraded the Rockshox Revelation RC Debonair fork to a Pike Ultimate and the Rockshox Deluxe R Debonair shock will be changed to a DVO Topaz T3 as soon as it arrives (been waiting since Oct'20 already!) So you see, I have no plans to get rid anytime soon. I love it! :love:

What are your plans?

stiv674

E*POWAH Elite
Mar 4, 2019
Wiltshire
Mine is a 2019 Focus Jam2 9.6 NINE, delivered on 4th Jan 2019, so it's just over 2 years old now. The motor is fine, no funny noises, no play in the crank, everything works just fine. It has done just under 2500 miles. I would have done more mileage but for the various lockdowns. It weighs 20.4kg , 22.6kg with the TEC pack added boosting the battery to 756Whr. I really have no idea what I would replace it with. There appears to be nothing out there with that weight and battery reserve. If the motor was to fail, I would look at servicing or even replacing the motor, because no matter how much it would cost (within reason), it would still be cheaper than writing it off and buying a new bike.

I have already upgraded the Rockshox Revelation RC Debonair fork to a Pike Ultimate and the Rockshox Deluxe R Debonair shock will be changed to a DVO Topaz T3 as soon as it arrives (been waiting since Oct'20 already!) So you see, I have no plans to get rid anytime soon. I love it! :love:

What are your plans?

Mine is a 2018 Factory model, delivered early January 2019, done 2630 miles, original suspension which has been faultless although I'm no aggressive downhill rider, new brakes and drive train. Apart from the slightly odd motor noise it seems to be fine.

I don't want anything heavier than this, just over 22kg I think, been looking at the current Jam2 Drifter but it's nearly £6k as it comes with a tec pack which I don't need. It's the same weight as yours pretty much.

I'd like a new version of what I have now, the Drifter is the only Shimano EP8 Focus though, I've emailed them to ask if there's any others planned, no official answer but I'm hoping there might be...

It's the prospect of being without a bike for months should the motor pack up, just keeping on enjoying it in the meantime though ?

Sidepod

Sep 2, 2020
Oxford
Tricky one this. Like all things, regardless of theory, it’s worth what you can get for it on the day. My feeling is an ebike, at the moment with tech in the steep part of the development curve, has a three year max life span, after which it’s worth zero. Depreciation curve probably at 45 degree over that period. Batteries/motors have finite life span.

Current supply/demand will skew this but that should ease in the coming months.

Rapido

Feb 10, 2021
Southern California
I never looked at Lapierre models when i was in the market for an e, but I also believe with the tech improving so fast, the models with under 750w seem to depreciate very fast since the stronger motor and battery packages have arrived on the market. What is on your side is that it's been well taken care of and looks like it's in really good shape. I say shoot for the moon and see where you land. You can always come down in price.

Andy.M

Nov 25, 2020
Rochester UK
I never looked at Lapierre models when i was in the market for an e, but I also believe with the tech improving so fast, the models with under 750w seem to depreciate very fast since the stronger motor and battery packages have arrived on the market. What is on your side is that it's been well taken care of and looks like it's in really good shape. I say shoot for the moon and see where you land. You can always come down in price.
Exactly what I'm thinking. Never seen another one for sale. Looking at eBay sold listings there's only a couple of Lapierre's with not much pricing information as they went for best offer and not the price shown.
Its a blinding entry level emtb, put a smile on my face every time I rode it!

1oldfart

Oct 6, 2019
Outdoors
Stress the fact that it is a Yamaha some like me want them they are so reliable. If you were living in my area i would buy it.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles