Dropper Post Failure

leix_toffee

Jan 15, 2021
Ireland
Hey all, anyone else have issue with the Cube Branded dropper post. After 400km mine has stopped working. I took it apart and the cartridge is dead and this is a sealed unit so can do no more with it. Bike 24 are accepting to take it back under warranty to be tested (by Cube) but minimum time is 15days for an answer. Even if I get a replacement I am not sure it wall last as it looks made on a budget.

leix_toffee

Jan 15, 2021
Ireland
I was looking at one of the following:

Brand X Ascend 150mm (This actually looks identical to the Cube branded one)
e*thirteen Vario Infinite 150-180 (Adjustable)
OneUP V2 150mm

I like the idea of being able to adjust the height. Need to check the insertion length on them also.

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
BikeYoke Revive is what I use on both my bikes. You might not find a more expensive seatpost, but they don't need to be sent back to the factory a couple times a year.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I was looking at one of the following:

Brand X Ascend 150mm (This actually looks identical to the Cube branded one)
e*thirteen Vario Infinite 150-180 (Adjustable)
OneUP V2 150mm

I like the idea of being able to adjust the height. Need to check the insertion length on them also.
I know that Brand-X make drawings available so that you can work out whether the dropper will fit your bike. I don't know where you looked for your dropper, but on the Chain Reaction Cycles website, if you click on the picture of the dropper, you will be able to page right and reveal about half a dozen pics, at least one of which is a dimensioned drawing.

If that fails maybe if you contact Brand -X they would email you a drawing..

KennyB

E*POWAH Master
Aug 25, 2019
Taunton
One up works well for me. They have an app on the web site to help with selecting the right size as well as dimensioned drawings.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles