Your Help appreciated ! Recurring Power Failure on my Cube Kathmandu Hybrid Pro

werzeri

Jun 9, 2022
BUC
Hi !

I am having a recurring problem with my Cube/Bosh eBike.

I am addressing you as expert, my dealer has not been able to solve my problem despite his efforts and good will.

My configuration :
  • eBike: Cube Kathmandu Hybrid Pro 625 - year 2022
  • Drive Unit : Performance Line CX (HW version 0.0.6.0; SW version 1.1.5.0)
  • Battery : PowerTube 625 Horizontal (HW Version 1.5.0.2 -SW version 1.11.0.0)
  • Dashboard Console : Nyon (SW version 3.0.0.0)

My symptoms :
From time to time, when the Nyon console is just turned on and eBike stands still or while riding, the battery charge indicator turns red and displays an exclamation point: the assistance stops, the lighting turns off if it was on.

In short, the drive unit is no longer powered but the Nyon console is still powered by its own internal battery.

Very rarely, an error code "532" is thrown on the console few minutes after the initial issue.

This symptom can :
  • sometime; it last only a few seconds then the assistance resumes and the charge level is displayed again.
  • most of the time; issue stay persistent despite several attempts to disconnect/reconnect the battery or disconnect/reconnect the Nyon console or simply power ON/OFF the Nyon. Same may happens with a trusted fully charged 2nd battery swap. NB: battery is not seating loose.
  • finally, it returns to a normal operating mode after several unsuccessful attempts.
My Story :
The problem has recurred several times.

Beyond the difficulty of finding yourself without assistance halfway through a ride, there is a safety hazard when the problem occurs during an early morning or evening trip and the loss of lighting makes you invisible on the road.

So, I took the bike back to my authorized Cube & Bosch dealer for diagnostics, investigations, and possible repairs. Unfortunately, he could only confirm code 532 from the log files and after investigation and inspection of the connectors and cables, he could not determine the root cause of the failure.

For several weeks/months everything was normal. But recently I wanted to install by myself an anti-theft tracker.

The auxiliary 12 V port was activated by my dealer. I un-mounted the bottom motor cover , installed the tracker and connected it to the now enabled 12V port. Prior to full re-assembly, correct eBike & tracker operations were checked and confirmed.

The motor cover re-mounted; I left the bike energized the time to charge the internal backup battery of the tracker …

Unfortunately, after about ten minutes, the problem reappeared: Charge indicator in red + exclamation mark, main power supply absent, and reappearance of a code 532. I suspect the 532 code (I learned from this forum undocumented code 532 reflect a CAN issue) is just a side effect from lack of power as the Nyon console may desperately try to communicate with the others yet un-powered CAN devices nodes.

During successive attempts to OFF/ON via the Nyon console, the failure may reappear immediately when the power is switched on or only a few minutes later. Error code 532 was thrown only one time of those many attempts.

I would appreciate your suggestions to try and work towards a solution as I think most of the official resellers I can contact locally will probably not be of much help to me.

Cordially
Eric

werzeri

Jun 9, 2022
BUC
Yes if you mean it has some kind of anti-theft identification
  • in France, it is mandatory that your bike be identified by a tamper-proff label or an engraving
but ...

Not
if you mean some kind of active mean which could help track its location if case it has been stolen...

Hardtail

Mar 8, 2021
Uk
Is your bike chipped?
Asking if it is de-restricted to remove the 25km/h speed limit?
Sounds like a connection or battery issue, does it happen with both batteries or just one?
The shop should replace the wiring harness first, then the battery and then the motor.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles