Drivetrain changing HELP NEEDED

Tuomas

Oct 27, 2020
Suomi
I need to change my whole groupset apart from the crankset on my 2019 Canyon spectral:ON 6.0. I can't get my head around which groupset would be the best for the money. Im having preferably sub 300€ budget. Im coming from a sram eagle nx groupset and havent had anything but problems with it. Im thinking switching to shimano and im not sure what to get. Full steel cassette would be ideal for an ebike i think and the new deore m6100 would be kinda nice option but i would have to switch the freewheel also to shimano microspline adding another 100€ to the cost. Im not sure do i really need 12s drivetrain on my ebike so i looked at something like 11 speed shimano slx m7000 but im not sure is it strong enough for the torque of the bike. Ive heard also that the steel cassettes like sram ex1 and box two e spec 9 are very durable and suit ebikes well with the big gear ratio gaps but they are pretty pricey. It would be ideal not to have to change the shimano hg old freewheel. Could you awesome community members please help me and recommend or tell about your ebike drivetrain experiences so i could make the best purchase decision. Thanks for answers.

Tonytank

Jun 5, 2019
London
Hi
I had sram eagle x01 12speed on my whyte and changed it for shimano slx 11sp 11-46t cassette and xt rear derailler and shifter and cassette slotted straight on to freehub and silky smooth. I left on the sram chainring and it works fine. Other guys on the whyte section have said that changing the the derailleur and shifter for shimano 12speed you can use the sram cassette chainring and chain no probs at all and reliable shifting.

Daslevin

Aug 4, 2020
Germany
I suggest a 11s xt Upgrade kit. The kit including rear derailler, casette, shifter and chain goes around 200€. If you need the chainring, choose 34t or if tuned 38t. Its a very reliable kit and easy to set up. Greets from Germany

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles