Dpx2 fitment and warranty

JohnyL

Jun 10, 2020
Manchester
Hi all,
I know this has been discussed already but I can’t see a conclusive answer.
Will a Levo 2020 be ok with a 210 x 55 shock?

so I know it will fit (dpx2) BUT will there be a clash with the frame when using all the stroke?

also, I can’t see any reference to warranty invalidation.

one last question, what extra mounting components would I need to fit the dpx2? (From a RS deluxe sel +)

appreciate any info. Sorry to bring this up again but hope you can help

cheers,

John

apac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales
It's just a longer stroke. The length of the shock (210mm) remains the same. Many people are using 55mm travel of various kinds On levo with no reported ill eff3ct.

apac

Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales
You'll need an 'open eye' for the bottom (no bushing) and a 12.7mm 20xM6 bushing for the top iirc .. Best to check that with someone else?

RickBullotta

Jun 5, 2019
USA
Not sure about the Levo specifically, but a longer stroke shock + too large a tire can lead to contact with the seatpost/frame on a number of bikes.

JohnyL

Jun 10, 2020
Manchester
You'll need an 'open eye' for the bottom (no bushing) and a 12.7mm 20xM6 bushing for the top iirc .. Best to check that with someone else?
Not sure about the Levo specifically, but a longer stroke shock + too large a tire can lead to contact with the seatpost/frame on a number of bikes.
Cheers, yes that’s why I’m asking. I haven’t physically cycled the shock to see if there is contact using 55 stroke

JohnyL

Jun 10, 2020
Manchester
It will only add about 7mm more movement in the swingarm
Cheers apac, yes I’ve read this and it doesn’t seem like a lot. But maybe it does result in contact somewhere. Wondered if someone has cycled the shock to check. ??

salko

Aug 29, 2019
SLO
I have opportunity to buy a new DPX2 shock removed from Stumpjumper Evo and want to fit it to 2020 Levo Comp. Will I need a custom tune for Levo or does Stumpjumper has same or similar tuned shock?

JohnyL

Jun 10, 2020
Manchester
I have opportunity to buy a new DPX2 shock removed from Stumpjumper Evo and want to fit it to 2020 Levo Comp. Will I need a custom tune for Levo or does Stumpjumper has same or similar tuned shock?
Depends on your weight and riding style. I sent mine to TF tuned and set it up for me. Also have a look at the code on the shock. This will tell you the current tune. Example below. Need to check Fox website!

5D95B554-F326-4A0E-B7AF-5DD4A6DC4B01.png

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles