DownUnder

burbler

May 24, 2023
Australia
Gday,

Great forum with loads of info, hopefully I can contribute.

I live and ride in the hills of rural Victoria, Australia. Currently have an analouge 2020 Giant Trance 2 (which I love) and am 90% of the way to pulling the trigger on an EMTB for my longer w/end rides.

Cheers.

Streddaz

Jul 7, 2022
Tasmania
Welcome aboard Burbler.

I see you are from the west island.....

Hehe
It's North Island from my perspective. ;)
10 days would be a great trip.
I assume you would fly into Hobart, then head to Maydena?

You should do the whole lap!
1684978074993.png

Plummet

Flash Git
Mar 16, 2023
New Zealand
It's North Island from my perspective. ;)
10 days would be a great trip.
I assume you would fly into Hobart, then head to Maydena?

You should do the whole lap!

View attachment 115690
Yep, fly into Hobart, pretty much doing that loop except going the other way around. Finishing in maydena.

I'm keen for ideas along the way. We are advanced level tech riders.

I'm looking for the stupidest natural steep tech I can find. Double blacks and not even rated stuff off piste of the bike parks. Open to ideas.

Of course we will hit the standard bike park stuff. But if we can find some hidden root and rock infested goat track gems that would be awesome.

Streddaz

Jul 7, 2022
Tasmania
Yep, fly into Hobart, pretty much doing that loop except going the other way around. Finishing in maydena.

I'm keen for ideas along the way. We are advanced level tech riders.

I'm looking for the stupidest natural steep tech I can find. Double blacks and not even rated stuff off piste of the bike parks. Open to ideas.

Of course we will hit the standard bike park stuff. But if we can find some hidden root and rock infested goat track gems that would be awesome.
Are you up for a bit of pedalling (and hike a bike)?
South Hobart has some good hand built semi legal tech and sketchy trails just up from the Cascade Brewery.
1684980063419.png

Then if you head up to St Helens, it's not super steep but Send Helens and Icarus.

Derby you'll want to tackle, Trouty, Kumma Gutsa, Black Dragon, Detonate, Shearpin and Cuddles.

Then if you do Gorge Town, it's again not that steep but Jabba, Devils Elbow and Aluminati are good fun.

Wild Mersey is a bit more XC but has some big climbs and big long descents that you link together like Syked Out, Over Quollified, Funky Chicken, 7 Shreds and Gnarvana. Then a loose gravel quarry descent called Echid'n Me.

Penguin/Dial Range you gotta do Iron Tor.

If you are up for a really big pedal the Stormsdown loop at Zeehan on the West Coast is a epic ride.

At Queenstown (the Tassie one) there's North Owen Descent, Long Spur, Waterfall and Natural Selection. All the West Coast stuff is rock and gravel.

Finally, there's Maydena where there's heaps of steep rooty, rocky, bomb holed filled trails to keep you busy for a couple of days.

Plummet

Flash Git
Mar 16, 2023
New Zealand
Are you up for a bit of pedalling (and hike a bike)?
South Hobart has some good hand built semi legal tech and sketchy trails just up from the Cascade Brewery.
View attachment 115691

Then if you head up to St Helens, it's not super steep but Send Helens and Icarus.

Derby you'll want to tackle, Trouty, Kumma Gutsa, Black Dragon, Detonate, Shearpin and Cuddles.

Then if you do Gorge Town, it's again not that steep but Jabba, Devils Elbow and Aluminati are good fun.

Wild Mersey is a bit more XC but has some big climbs and big long descents that you link together like Syked Out, Over Quollified, Funky Chicken, 7 Shreds and Gnarvana. Then a loose gravel quarry descent called Echid'n Me.

Penguin/Dial Range you gotta do Iron Tor.

If you are up for a really big pedal the Stormsdown loop at Zeehan on the West Coast is a epic ride.

At Queenstown (the Tassie one) there's North Owen Descent, Long Spur, Waterfall and Natural Selection. All the West Coast stuff is rock and gravel.

Finally, there's Maydena where there's heaps of steep rooty, rocky, bomb holed filled trails to keep you busy for a couple of days.
Thanks man. I'll research up some of that stuff. Yes i'll do hike a bike. But only for a sensational tech down.

I'm less interested in the pedal fest for pedal fest sakes. But if it gets me to the sensational down then im keen.

Streddaz

Jul 7, 2022
Tasmania
Thanks man. I'll research up some of that stuff. Yes i'll do hike a bike. But only for a sensational tech down.

I'm less interested in the pedal fest for pedal fest sakes. But if it gets me to the sensational down then im keen.
Natural Selection in Queenstown is the only hike a bike but it is a super steep and loose trail so it's worth it if that's your thing.

Sorry for the thread hijack @burbler :LOL:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles