Hi from Melbourne (downunder!)

Danielp

Feb 25, 2018
Melbourne
Hey guys!

Have been a fan of pedal assist bikes since I hopped on one!
I'm based in Melbourne, but get to travel within Australia a little bit with work and sometimes can take bikes with me!

Currently on a Levo Carbon and absolutely love it!!
(Pic of it being ridden by me below!)

IMG_0917.JPG

Danielp

Feb 25, 2018
Melbourne
T
Great pic! Love that color scheme
Thanks mate! I do like the colour, but would rather the colour of the s-works (it would match my stumpy!!) but I just couldn't justify it considering the frame, battery and motor are all virtually the same (I think the s-works had a carbon rear end and that's the only difference!)

Pic of other rig for reference!
IMG_0059.JPG

IMG_0062.JPG

Trailjunkie

Founding Member
Feb 27, 2018
USA
T

Thanks mate! I do like the colour, but would rather the colour of the s-works (it would match my stumpy!!) but I just couldn't justify it considering the frame, battery and motor are all virtually the same (I think the s-works had a carbon rear end and that's the only difference!)

Pic of other rig for reference! View attachment 690
Yeah the S-works is 2lbs lighter with carbon rear triangle, bars and xx1 groupset, upgraded spokes on the rims and better brakes. Would love to hear from someone who’s ridden the expert and S-Works back to back to see if there’s any difference justifying the price difference. Funny I will have to go for the S-Works because the red color in the expert is not sold here in the USA?
Curious to know if you still ride your stumpy much?

Eckythump

Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
North Yorkshire
Sounds like the sort of perfectly deliberated argument I would have with myself to justify the bike at the top of the range rather than the next one down, ‘I like the colour better!’ ?? nice one, enjoy??

kcarbon

Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
australia
I have a comp carbon, poverty pack,;)
but if I was going expert I would go S-Works the Fram not the same, the expert shares the comp carbon frame, but Ohlins 36 forks, carbon rims stainless spokes. the S-Work's 11m carbon frame ( stiffer ) carbon rims but different poles to the expert, and few more weight saving carbon bits like the handle bars & rear end. it would be noticeable .
if your a good rider you would notice, but for what I'm doing the comp carbon more than enough bike. I have not hit it's limits. I love what I have, & if you want the S-Works go for it!!

Danielp

Feb 25, 2018
Melbourne
Hi @Danielp love the bike! How do you find the Ohlins? Mine are quite firm, need to take a bit more time with them.
Hey mate!

Absolutely love the ohlins!! Ride them on all of my bikes as much as possible. My forks felt a tad sticky after the first few rides. But the dudes at Specialized ran an alignment tool through the lowers (making sure bushings are perfect) and they have been so smooth ever since.

I love the ramp up adjustment too!! It's so much fun to play and adjust the setup, I keep finding little ways to make it better!

I have ohlins on
(Stumpy front and rear)
(Levo fork and have put my stumpy shock in it many times)
(Demo 8 rear)

Danielp

Feb 25, 2018
Melbourne
Yeah the S-works is 2lbs lighter with carbon rear triangle, bars and xx1 groupset, upgraded spokes on the rims and better brakes. Would love to hear from someone who’s ridden the expert and S-Works back to back to see if there’s any difference justifying the price difference. Funny I will have to go for the S-Works because the red color in the expert is not sold here in the USA?
Curious to know if you still ride your stumpy much?
Yeah Specialized had a demo day near me so I did ride both! you notice the stiffness in the back end but that's all I noticed.
That is partially because of the wheels and partially cause of the frame.
Although I didn't mind the extra give in the expert as my stumpy is my aggressive bike, that thing is stupidly fun and noticeably stiffer than most things I have ridden. So I didn't mind the expert at all!

And with regards to my stumpy, yes and no. I think I ride them the same amount. There are local xc style trails near me and enduro racing I have been doing on the stumpy. But when it comes to adventuring onto the steep climbs and finding unknown territory, the levo wins hands down.

Sounds like the sort of perfectly deliberated argument I would have with myself to justify the bike at the top of the range rather than the next one down, ‘I like the colour better!’ ?? nice one, enjoy??
Hahahaha it almost got me on to buying it.
But I just couldn't justify owning another s-works! Next time though ;)

Trailjunkie

Founding Member
Feb 27, 2018
USA
Ha ha...exactly! Love carbon rims first of all and secondly the only other color outside of the red I really like is the hyper/black
Just gotta get the wife convinced?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles