G'day from Downunder

Lad

Nov 15, 2018
Australia
It took me about a year of lurking here to join you bunch.

Member of another well known forum, but when I started to entertain the idea of going electric and looked at the eMTB section there, it was just a big mess full of bickering and venom spitting. This Forum is exactly the opposite, lots of knowledge, encouragement and friendliness.

Since May I'm proud owner of mint Focus Bold 2 Plus which I bought from interstate from a guy who upgraded to Sam 2. Of course did some upgrades immediately... I'll post some pics to some other thread in general area later.

As expected the first ride was like "maate, this really is bloody fun, like they say over at EMTB" , "lets try Boost - whoa, who's pulling me up this hill", grin, grin...and more grin on each ride.
Loving it so far. It just opened up so many places in the bush to go to revisit since I went there on 250cc Kawasaki in first gear.

There are several nice trails locally, from XC, flowing, to more technical stuff - for these I still prefer to ride them on my lightweight full sus BH Lynx 29er, but for everything else I already have a plan for a year worth of weekends to explore some countryside. Not many flats, lots of climbs. Good times ahead.

And, just finished building a set of commuter wheels to commute in style on 24km round trip to work with two short but steep climbs. No shower upon arrival needed anymore.

PS: My desktop picture on all computers and phone is pic of : Lapierre eZesty. Enough said. :love:

Cheers to all of you,

Lad

Basy

Mar 23, 2018
Australia
It took me about a year of lurking here to join you bunch.

Member of another well known forum, but when I started to entertain the idea of going electric and looked at the eMTB section there, it was just a big mess full of bickering and venom spitting. This Forum is exactly the opposite, lots of knowledge, encouragement and friendliness.

Since May I'm proud owner of mint Focus Bold 2 Plus which I bought from interstate from a guy who upgraded to Sam 2. Of course did some upgrades immediately... I'll post some pics to some other thread in general area later.

As expected the first ride was like "maate, this really is bloody fun, like they say over at EMTB" , "lets try Boost - whoa, who's pulling me up this hill", grin, grin...and more grin on each ride.
Loving it so far. It just opened up so many places in the bush to go to revisit since I went there on 250cc Kawasaki in first gear.

There are several nice trails locally, from XC, flowing, to more technical stuff - for these I still prefer to ride them on my lightweight full sus BH Lynx 29er, but for everything else I already have a plan for a year worth of weekends to explore some countryside. Not many flats, lots of climbs. Good times ahead.

And, just finished building a set of commuter wheels to commute in style on 24km round trip to work with two short but steep climbs. No shower upon arrival needed anymore.

PS: My desktop picture on all computers and phone is pic of : Lapierre eZesty. Enough said. :love:

Cheers to all of you,

Lad

Rotorburn? That place is a joke. Post some pics. Where do you ride?

Lad

Nov 15, 2018
Australia
Rotorburn? That place is a joke. Post some pics. Where do you ride?
MTBR.

IMG_20180915_105225.jpg

^^
Here's my ride

I live in Shaolhaven district, south of Sydney. My home turf is on Cabbage Tree, Coondoo, Superbowl and Butterfly trails.

Last edited:

Lad

Nov 15, 2018
Australia
NIC

I like the look of Focus ebikes.

More than looks I like the weight of it.

Far more nimble than Merida and Trek I had a chance to try. It is a "lowly" hardtail only, but honestly I'm not keen to swap it for full sus. I'm more often off the sadle, standing, and more careful to pick the right line, but that doesn't faze me much.

I believe that this is more comfortable riding bike than the carbon Epic Spesh with Brain front and back I used to have.

The BH Lynx 29er with split pivot suspension is different story, very light but it is a XC racer of sorts.
One more pic, before few more mods:

IMG_20180812_133121.jpg

One more observation: the welds on the frame are the best I've ever seen on any bike. Super neat, this thing looks like carbon frame.

Basy

Mar 23, 2018
Australia
Yeah they've definitely got the fabrication down to a fine art. Funnily enough I noticed my Merida has a mix of what looks like TIG on the rear triangle and like brazing on the front. It's like a smoother one lined weld on the head tube which is weird. Almost like a stick welder but surely not.

I huck too many things so I couldn't do away with a HT myself but if I was just purely trail riding and XC then I'd definitely go something like this.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles