Down time

Hobo Mikey

E*POWAH Elite
Subscriber
May 22, 2020
Where ever
It’s now been 15 weeks since my fall and my rotatorcuff injury ( another thread on here about it). That 15 weeks without even sitting on my bike and it’s going to be a long time yet. To be honest it’s doing my head in. I go for a walk and I see trails, drop offs etc and imagine myself on them.
How to you guys cope with not being able to get out on the trails.

rzr

Sep 26, 2022
bcn
i guess you can do trail running? it'll keep you fit ;)
when i broke my wrist, i did half-marathon distance with a cast on my forearm :)

Bummers

Mar 12, 2022
UK
Exact same boat, back injury in early September, been 3 months since and today was the first day I could even use an exercise bike. Got my lovely emtb and new DH bike staring at me and doubtful I'll be even able to do a canal ride for at least another 3 months.
Only good thing is the weather is horrific at the moment so I'm not as bothered😂

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
...................... I go for a walk and I see trails, drop offs etc and imagine myself on them. .................
You have my sympathy and my empathy!
In the Summer, my wife occasionally expects me to drive her to stately homes, garden centres etc. When I see the scenery or the rock gardens at the destination, or en route, I too can't help but fantasise about the trails I can see and the lines I might take.

Get well soon. :)

I haven't ridden a bike for more than ten miles on local roads for about 5 weeks now. A combination of a chest infection and truly awful weather. Once I started to feel a bit better and had stopped coughing all the time, the roads were either icy or the rain was horizontal. After my last attempt to get out, I put the bike on charge for an hour and forgot about it for several days, so it got the same one-hour charge three times! It has been sat at 100% charge for over a week now. I'm sure it'll be fine! :giggle:

Edit: To cope with not being on the bike, I read this Forum, answer posts, watch YouTube, think about what new kit I might need, buy some of it.....................

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
We like going for walks on trails we haven’t ridden before to suss out all the features

This one worried us a little 😳 it’s about a 15ft near vertical drop / roll. Need to see someone get down it before having a go. If anyone knows it, it’s called Quarry Carnage at Dalby

IMG_5046.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles