Kenevo SL Does the Mastermind TCU still require dealer updates or OTA out of the box?

AdmChr

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Nov 21, 2019
SWPA
I'm finally home from vacation and checking out my new bike, setting it up, etc. I noticed that the motor has a firmware update available, but I'm surprised that I do not have the option to do an over the air myself, it says I must take it to the dealer for the update (like we had to back in the day lol). Being that it has the new Mastermind TCU, I figured it would have been ready for the OTA updates, and from the sounds of the articles, I'm reading it seems like it should (out of the box - over the air updates). Unless for some reason it requires the first firmware to be updated by the dealer and then the OTA updates are available from then on? Unless someone can confirm that's not the case, and maybe my Mission Control software is screwed up. Just trying to save a 2+ hour round trip if it's something on my end. Does anyone have any insight on this?

8ACEB501-AF45-46D9-B437-324E85FFF027.png

Screen Shot 2021-08-13 at 7.07.48 PM.png

AdmChr

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Nov 21, 2019
SWPA
Just to follow up in case others run into this. I tried removing my other Gen2 Kenevo from Mission Control, also deleted the app, and reinstalled it with no luck. My shop was able to get me right in and said the 42.6.1C did require the update from a dealer, but should be able to now do OTA updates myself from here on out. I saw there was a battery update for my range extender, so I would have ended up taking it in for that one anyways. Not a big deal by any means, just assumed the new Mastermind TCU was already capable of OTA updates by the user out of the box.

PaoloBLEvo

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Some firmware update requires a new calibration of the motor.. It ia not a problem of the MasterMind TCU..
When I did, the dealer started a calibration procedure that I think it is not possible to do via Smart phone

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles