Does anyone have a difficult time choosing which bike to ride

Underblu

Aug 22, 2021
USA
This of course assumes the rider has more than one bicycle. Since getting my Orbea Rise to go along with my Heckler MX, I now find myself having to think about which bike to ride.

Anyone have the same “dilemma”?

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
I have always had loads of bikes to choose from but haven't ever found any difficulty choosing which one I want to ride.

Are your two Ebikes a little too similar?

Underblu

Aug 22, 2021
USA
I have always had loads of bikes to choose from but haven't ever found any difficulty choosing which one I want to ride.

Are your two Ebikes a little too similar?

They are similar but like two Les Pauls or Strats each has its distinctive personality

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
They are similar but like two Les Pauls or Strats each has its distinctive personality
the question is ...why did you buy 2 emtbs that are very similar!
I have a trail bike ( Levo) and an enduro bike (Whyte E180).....easy choice depending on where I am going to ride.

RustyIron

Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
In the past when I've had similar bikes in my stable, the favorite would frequently get ridden, and the less favorites would gather dust in the garage. On the rare occasions that it would get taken out, I'd be reminded why it's not my favorite. Now I just have two bikes: Amish and Electric. Both are enduro-style because that's what I like to ride. The A vs E riding experience is vastly different, so it makes sense to keep both.

flash

Patreon
Nov 24, 2018
Wamberal, NSW Australia
Depends who I'm riding with. If it's other eMTB riders then I ride my Merida e160. If by myself or with new riders then I usually pick my eZesty. I did keep my older Merida e160 when I upgraded but this has been resized and set up for my girlfriend or my son to ride. At a pinch I could set it up for me if something went wrong on the new bike. But generally the choice is easy.

Gordon

Neeko DeVinchi

Dec 31, 2020
UK
Can't say that I find it difficult to pick one of my bikes to ride. If anything, I find that when I ride a particular bike for a while and become acclimated to how it feels/handles/etc, it gives me incentive to revise components in an effort to have some form of particular standard.
Granted, I'm not implying that every bike I have runs the same handlebars/stem/dropper post as each bike I have will have different geometry. Moreso, a standard in terms of drivetrain/gearing etc.

MrSimmo

E*POWAH Elite
Apr 24, 2020
The Trail.
Unfortunately nope, I live dahn south where houses cost so much, you need to sell every asset you can find to pay for food 😀

B1rdie

Subscriber
Feb 14, 2019
Brazil
After a few hours deciding which ride I’d like to go for, I will liok for the bike that has
Air on the tyres
Feel at the brake levers
Movement on the dropper post
And go

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
This of course assumes the rider has more than one bicycle. Since getting my Orbea Rise to go along with my Heckler MX, I now find myself having to think about which bike to ride.

Anyone have the same “dilemma”?
Used other 3 bikes less and less since got Ebike . Probably 10 times in 2 years . Just sold Nicolai used twice since ebike. Ebike going back to dealer soon interesting to see if i use other ones. Or just go for walk instead.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles