Distance and speed discrepancy with computer paired to Levo speed sensor

jeffintheusa

Dec 12, 2018
MA - North Shore
My bike computer (Bryton Rider 330) which is paired to the LEVO wheel sensor records a different distance than what I see in mission control. Also, the speed it displays isn't in sync with the TCD when viewing them side by side and I have seen the speed display on my Rider 330 show "---" as if it isn't getting a reading from the sensor at all. I have programmed my Bryton with the same wheel diameter as is displayed in Mission Control, 2255mm. I am 100% confident it's using the wheel sensor and not GPS distance because I have GPS speed/distance tracking disabled. I disable it because I found that GPS-based distance/speed was inaccurate.

I also use this computer on my other bike which has a discrete wheel sensor and the readings match perfectly with my riding buddies.

If you have experienced the same issue please reply. If this is working correctly for you, please let me know what bike computer you are using.

Drburns

Nov 22, 2018
USA
My TCD displays the wrong distance too. It shows about 10x the correct distance. I think it depends on which firmware you have. Mine has the 2.019. I think 2.025 corrects the issue, but I’m not updating because I prefer to use the BLEvo app instead.

jeffintheusa

Dec 12, 2018
MA - North Shore
is your Levo recording lower miles to your gps, say, 1 mile less over 40 miles?
My bike computer records fewer miles, but it is using the same Levo speed sensor as the TCD/Mission Control. On a recent ride the difference was .3 miles over 9 miles. It just doesn't make any sense to me that they would be different at all.

There are a few possibilities:
1. My bike computer doesn't play well with the Levo sensor
2. There is a problem with the Levo sensor when it is paired to multiple devices
3. Even though MC shows the wheel circumference as 2255, there is some kind of fudge factor that is added to whatever value is displayed. This is what I think is actually happening.

RCDallas

May 28, 2019
Italy
My bike computer (Bryton Rider 330) which is paired to the LEVO wheel sensor records a different distance than what I see in mission control. Also, the speed it displays isn't in sync with the TCD when viewing them side by side and I have seen the speed display on my Rider 330 show "---" as if it isn't getting a reading from the sensor at all. I have programmed my Bryton with the same wheel diameter as is displayed in Mission Control, 2255mm. I am 100% confident it's using the wheel sensor and not GPS distance because I have GPS speed/distance tracking disabled. I disable it because I found that GPS-based distance/speed was inaccurate.

I also use this computer on my other bike which has a discrete wheel sensor and the readings match perfectly with my riding buddies.

If you have experienced the same issue please reply. If this is working correctly for you, please let me know what bike computer you are using.

The speed and distance displayed by Mission Control and on your bike computer differs due to the wheel circumference parameters set in each device. Both are using the RPM sensor multiplied by the distance traveled per revolution (wheel circumference as inputted during setup of the devices) to compute the displayed speed and distance. Version of software has nothing to do with it unless the default circumference is changed by the upgrade.

Funkeydunk

Subscriber
May 28, 2019
Uk
Guys did anyone have a solution for this, my bike linked to my garment edge 530 started ticking up mileage about twice normal speed. strava shows 25 miles, and the farming shows 32. What is going in with this and it’s going it quite often.

SLOTownLevo

Sep 19, 2020
San Luis Obispo
Hi all, I am having a similar issue - both my new TCD and MC app aren't showing/reporting correct information. In addition, the speedo sticks at certain readouts during a ride and the odometer is adding miles that don't exist. On a recent 9 mile bike ride, the TCD and MC app report the ride was 34 miles - which is about what the overall mileage was on the odometer before the ride (new motor reset the odometer after LBS updated).

Sure would be nice to have the technology works as it's supposed to...

Be well,
Mark

DreamensioN

Aug 9, 2020
Brisbane, Australia
What do you guys have your wheel size set to? I posted in a thread on here somewhere about having the same issue with a Wahoo Bolt. It seemed related to the wheel size that was set. Because we can't change the wheel size ourselves, I got the LBS to reconfigure some generic 29" wheel size. While the measurements are now closer, they're still not accurate and I still have to correct the distance when the file uploads to Strava.

But before it was out by like 30%. Now it's only out by less than 10%. Still annoying though as I like clean data.

SLOTownLevo

Sep 19, 2020
San Luis Obispo
My wheels size is set to the factory 2255mm (original 27.5s), I doubled checked that today at my LBS via the Specialized Software and based on Specialized Rider Care's suggestion in regards to sorting out the problem. I bought the TCD specifically because I don't use another computer or app to track rides and am totally bummed it is not working correctly.

I've spoken with Rider Care several times and am told they are looking into the issue and will get back to me.

Be well all,
Mark

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles