Discounted Bike and parts Thread - cheap(er) ebikes & stuff

beanzz

Feb 7, 2023
United Kingdom
Not sure on size. The measuring process seems to vary by manufacturer. I'm around 5'10 - 5'11 in height, if that helps.

I'd rather Bosch or Brose if I went for a Specialized. Carbon would probably be my preference, but now I'm considering a Whyte E-160RSX again, which is aluminium.

I'd like at least 160/150 travel. More is fine also.
Do you care about it being direct sales,

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
Anyone seeing any good EMTB deals at the moment? Still looking, so welcome all suggestions around the £6000 - £8000 mark.
2022 Levo experts are down to £8k pretty much everywhere now, if you shop around you could probably find them for a little cheaper. If you throw in another £1k you can get a Pro, there’s a few shops with them on sale too.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Not overly. My last bike was a Canyon.

I care more about the motor being serviceable. I don't want the bike to be a paperweight as soon as the warranty is up.
Have a look at the Poles, scroll down to the LED's (without the display in the top tube).

RJUK

Sep 29, 2021
UK
2022 Levo experts are down to £8k pretty much everywhere now, if you shop around you could probably find them for a little cheaper. If you throw in another £1k you can get a Pro, there’s a few shops with them on sale too.
That was my plan, but they're out of stock of S4 size now. I found one, but they want extra money to use Cycle Scheme and it's not a local shop.

I think it's such BS when they ask for extra money for cycle scheme. The only reason people need to use cycle scheme is because the bikes have gotten such insanely inflated prices now, and I can't imagine they're barely making any money on an £8k+ bicycle.

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
That was my plan, but they're out of stock of S4 size now. I found one, but they want extra money to use Cycle Scheme and it's not a local shop.

I think it's such BS when they ask for extra money for cycle scheme. The only reason people need to use cycle scheme is because the bikes have gotten such insanely inflated prices now, and I can't imagine they're barely making any money on an £8k+ bicycle.
Brink has the S4 expert in the carbon/smoke colour in stock, you can upgrade it to their Ohlins edition for £500 more.

RJUK

Sep 29, 2021
UK
Another consideration is my original thought, which is a Trek Rail 9.8 XT, which is a good chunk cheaper and doesn't really lose anything to the Levo that I can tell. It's also Shimano equipped with a Bosch motor, which I like.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK

Cyclescheme cost c. 11%. Given that you are making a huge saving I don't think it unreasonable for them to want to retain their margin.

*dons flame-suit*

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Brink also add the cost of the scheme to your purchase.

Cycle To Work Schemes​

We accept most Cycle To Work Schemes and with the majority having no limit on value you can get amazing tax savings on that dream build!

All of these schemes charge us a commission fee against the voucher total which we in turn will pass to you. This charge can be rolled into your voucher total or charged in addition to the voucher total.

RJUK

Sep 29, 2021
UK
Cyclescheme cost c. 11%. Given that you are making a huge saving I don't think it unreasonable for them to want to retain their margin.

*dons flame-suit*
I think the Cycle Scheme cost tops out at £300. It's a bicycle that costs as much as a car. I'm sure their margins are fine, as much as they like to plead poverty. The margins grew massively in the last few years just because of the scarcity of stock and the huge demand, so even with the current discounts I'm skeptical that they have thin margins.

When I test rode a Levo Alloy my friend asked me what the bike was worth and was astonished to be told they it was a £5500 bike. Even more so when I told him that it's not even mid range and they can go for as much as 3x that for the top end model.

TrailBoB

Apr 27, 2020
Scotland
Another consideration is my original thought, which is a Trek Rail 9.8 XT, which is a good chunk cheaper and doesn't really lose anything to the Levo that I can tell. It's also Shimano equipped with a Bosch motor, which I like.
Sprockets cycles Kilmarnock for the Trek. Great guys to deal with.

TrailBoB

Apr 27, 2020
Scotland
I'll give them a shout. Any thoughts on the Rail?
Looks a stonking bike. Choice of SRAM AXS or Shimano

Carbon frame
750 battery
Bosch motor
What else do you want. I went into look at the SRAM spec one a couple of months since. They had it on at £7.120 but just couldn’t justify it. Still look at it every week on the website. The pull might be too much in the end. 🤔😁😁

yorkshire89

E*POWAH Master
Sep 30, 2020
North Yorkshire
40% off Five Ten Freeriders pro's at stif this weekend

RJUK

Sep 29, 2021
UK
40% off Five Ten Freeriders pro's at stif this weekend

Thanks. Was looking for a pair of these, so just bought. :)

BeBiker

Aug 26, 2020
Belgium
Decathlon Rockrider E-st900 from 2200 to 2000euro:
elektrische-mountainbike-e-st-900-grijs-275-plus.jpg

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
JE James have a few pairs of 5/10 Freeriders at £59. They owed me a code, so just bought for £53 delivered. :cool:

Untitled.png

beanzz

Feb 7, 2023
United Kingdom
Just an FYI, the Moore large Auction is still going so might be worth having a look at there is some relatively decent stuff in these ones

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles