• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

Unanswered DI2 rear derailleur, not working correctly

Dumplings

Jan 13, 2021
UK
Hi, I am hoping someone can help me.
I have just removed my rear derailleur, Di2, to clean and re grease the clutch. After refitting it now thinks its in 1st gear when its actually in 6th. It will change gear from 6th to 11th on the rear, which reads 1st to 5th on the display, and back to 6th but appears to lock out and wont go into lower gears.
Does anyone have any idea what's going on with it?
I have put another derailleur on my bike and it works fine, I have put my misfunctioning derailleur on another bike and it has the same symptoms.
Cheers

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
As far as I understand it the only adjustments are the limit screws apart from a micro adjustment via the switch. So have the limit screw settings setting changed radically whilst you had the mech off the bike?

Dumplings

Jan 13, 2021
UK
Thanks for the reply, its not the adjuster screws, if I disconnect the spring that connects the drive motor to the derailleur it has full range of movement.

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
I have no idea if the manual below is the right one for your Di2 but it is interesting that in the section dealing with adjustment, the process is started by having the chain on the 5th gear. So having removed the rear mech maybe it means you have to do the adjustment process from scratch?
DM-XTR001-12-ENG.pdf (shimano.com)

RickBullotta

Jun 5, 2019
USA
I have no idea if the manual below is the right one for your Di2 but it is interesting that in the section dealing with adjustment, the process is started by having the chain on the 5th gear. So having removed the rear mech maybe it means you have to do the adjustment process from scratch?
DM-XTR001-12-ENG.pdf (shimano.com)

the adjustment processI’m only allows for small alignment changes. There’s something mechanically off with his derailleur I think.

Apr 22, 2020
Lancashire
Interesting I'll keep an.eye on this thread, I had something similar but mine thought it was in 5th but was in 6th. I managed to fix it by setting the limit screws ( which where all over the place) and the other screw adjustment. However I have problems changing gears ( which was my initial problem but I'll start my own thread for that

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles