• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

Unanswered Shimano Steps E8000 (Focus Jam^2) and Lights, not functioning correctly

SvenHelgason

Jun 6, 2019
Luxembourg
Hi guys,

I pulled the trigger on the Shimano Steps SM-DUE01 module, a 6v headligh and rear light (Supernova).

Long story short, I connected it to the empty Shimano port on the Motor, it gives constant 8V (which is ok) which meant that the lights are always on. I also tried the two spare inlets on the monitor, it had the same result. This morning my Monitor didnt turn on, however the lights and bike did. I unplugged the lights, powered the bike up again and then the monitor was working, plugged the lights in and then the power mode button did not work...... So ended up unplugging the lights and riding to work without them.

What am I missing here?

I did put the multimeter on the two phillips screw ports on the motor assembly but could not get any power from the.

Also, the monitor just beeps when I try to use the "light" function on the monitor, no matter where I tried to connect the lights.

Akiwi

🐸 Kermit Elite 🐸
Feb 6, 2019
Olching, Germany
Have you checked out this thread.
I used to have the Shimano e8000 with lights, and I must admit I found it a complete faff and pain in the bum using the shimano menus to turn the lights on and off. You even had to stop your bike to do it.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles