• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

Unanswered Shimano Steps E8000 Not Powering on after botched FW UPDATE

HoosierFDaddy

Jan 20, 2022
'Murica
Recently tried to upgrade my firmware on me Kona Remote 160 via BT and of course, botched in the middle of upgrade. I have since purchased a the PCE02 link and am able to restore everything except for the computer. E-Tube tells me that there is an update for it, but Bluetooth LE is not supported, use the mobile app to update. Well, here-in lies my problem. I have to power the bike on to do that and that's the part that isn't happening. E-tube does not show the battery information and the power button does nothing. If i remove and replace the battery, the power light lights, flashes, then dims to off. The computer screen does activate and also shuts off when the power light fades. I've tried direct connections, whole bike connection, with and without battery. What can I do to get the bike to power on so I can connect via BT to update the last remaining component and possibly get this working again?
Yes I have checked and rechecked all connections and power wiring. this happened strictly after failed update attempt before any disassembly or wired connection attempts.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles